Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
Salary: Up to £42K per annum
Working hours: 30 - 37.5 hours per week
As an organisation our client works on behalf of their customers throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs - enabling them to use that money where it matters most. Their highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and providing excellent customer service to all their customers.
What our client wants from a Finance Director:
To support the Finance Director by managing the day to day running of the finance function and developing the finance function to provide an efficient and high quality financial management service to the Directors, Senior Management and key customers on behalf of the business, enabling it to achieve its growth ambitions.
Type of person they are looking for:
Degree or equivalent qualified and with a professional accounting qualification - CIMA/ACCA/ACA. You will have strong post qualification experience and be able to demonstrate excellent analytical, numeracy and Excel spreadsheet skills, good knowledge of financial and accounting IT systems (Sage 200 preferred), excellent attention to detail and good communication and organisational skills. Experience of people management and acting as a business partner desirable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Financial Accounting - Maintain, accurately and completely, our clients books of account, leading in financial control activities including the month end close process and reviewing the balance sheet accounts. Provide technical accounting advice when required and assist the FD with implementing any changes in financial reporting or taxation requirements. Oversee the preparation of VAT return workings, P11D workings and any other HMRC information for submission before the legally required date.
- Management Accounting - Provide management and other stakeholders (where necessary) with budgets, summaries and analyses of income, expenditure, asset & liability information and KPI reporting to enable them to manage the business more efficiently and effectively, increasing sales, reducing costs and improving margins.
- Business partnering - Support departmental managers in understanding their costs and the cost drivers within the business. Provide ad hoc analysis as required and be an active member of the management team.
- Finance processes and procedures - Assist the FD in developing and improving the internal control environment and seek to continually improve the finance systems and processes, automating where possible
- Cash management - Oversee cashflow reporting and forecast company income and expenditure over the short to medium term to ensure there is sufficient cash available to meet company liabilities when they become due and that any surplus cash is placed in an appropriate interest-bearing account to ensure maximum benefit to the company consistent with its risk strategy.
- Payroll - Operate the payroll system consistently and accurately ensuring company employees are paid correctly and on time each month; that the required tax, NI and other statutory deductions are calculated correctly and paid over to HMRC on time; that payments for staff benefits are made in a timely fashion to benefits providers; and that payroll records are updated, maintained & retained as required by HMRC and other statutory authorities.
- Pensions - Ensure eligible employees and other employees entitled to and requesting membership are enrolled in the company's pension scheme with all required correct details; Ensure correct contributions are deducted from employee pay and paid, along with employer contributions monthly to the pension fund manager and that all necessary pensions administration matters are attended to in a timely fashion, with appropriate consultation with company advisors where required.
- Team management - Assist the FD in managing and developing your team of two direct reports
What our client can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary our client is offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get;
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata per annum
- Further Enhanced Leave for long term service
- 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
- An annual opportunity to donate a portion of the organisation's profits to a charity of your choice
- Private Health Insurance (post probation)
- Employee Assistance Programme (post probation)
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Paid Professional Fees (where applicable to role)
- Subsidised on site gym and canteen
- Free Parking
To apply for this Finance Manager role, please submit your current CV and contact details online
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
Up to £42k per annum