Kier Local Highways are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to join the Surrey Council contract
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group with 88 UK offices and over 22,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
- Supporting the Contract Management Team in driving efficiencies through the provision and analysis of comprehensive, high quality information to aid and support decision making.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of robust internal controls and processes alongside ensuring company procedures are adhered to
- Leading the production of monthly management accounts and other financial information to Corporate deadlines
- Work with contract Commercial and Operational management to drive performance improvements
- Monthly reporting of contract results to both Internal and Client management teams
- Support Commercial teams by proactive management of key contract balances including WIP and cost accruals
- Responsibility for production of monthly management accounts, comprising profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Working closely with the Contract General Managers around the annual Business Plan/Budget setting process and quarterly forecasting cycle
- Day to day management of the finance team
- Liaison with other contracts on inter-company balances and invoicing
- Liaison with the Shared Services Centre processing teams to ensure timely and effective processing of transactions on the financial system
- Development of financial systems and controls to support the requirements of the business
- Overall responsibility for Contract financial processes and procedures
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written and a strong contributor in meetings
- Exercises sound judgement and adds value through challenge where appropriate
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and other Office products essential
- Has strong personal drive and commitment to delivery of results
- Demonstrates strong, analytical, creative and proactive thinking
- Ambassador for Kier and its culture and values
- Collaborative and committed to team working
- Technically competent and well versed in financial disciplines
- Ideally has experience in either the Construction, Highways or Utilities Industries
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA (Qualified or QBE)
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.