JM&Co. is thrilled to partner with an extremely well respected and successful business in South Northamptonshire, as they search for a project orientated Finance Manager to partner the senior finance team.
Our client is seeking a qualified accountant who is ideally ACA qualified from practice with 2-3 years PQE in industry. As well as a good technical accounting background, the Finance Manager will have very strong team orientated Project Management skills, particularly within analyses, process review, implementation, and mentorship.
Working on a part time basis of 32 / 38 hours per week (either 4 full days Monday to Thursday, or 5 part time days per week), the Finance Manager's duties and responsibilities will include:
Monthly reporting / Board reporting responsibilities for the Finance Manager:
- Responsible for overseeing the production of accurate monthly management accounts to timetable.
- Develop and own the overhead reporting and control – ‘support and challenge’ the sector commercial directors and department heads on overhead reporting & control and oversee the rolling overhead forecast.
- Prepare quarterly External Management Information pack (with Group FD) for circulation to bank, bond providers and others.
Cash forecast & reporting responsibilities for the Finance Manager:
- Production of 13 week rolling cash forecast for review with Group FC.
- Oversee production of project net cash report weekly.
Budgeting and Forecasting responsibilities for the Finance Manager:
- Production of quarterly, rolling forecasts in accordance with timetable including P&L, working capital and cash forecasts at both sector and company level.
- Manage the annual budgeting process including cash, working capital and balance sheet
Contract reporting / reviews:
- Support the Management Accountant in the monthly contract reporting process, including review of contract schedules and driving resolution of issues arising (e.g. old balances, cost transfers, accounting problems).
Financial analysis responsibilities for the Finance Manager:
- Support FD and Group FC in ad-hoc financial analysis, which will be extensive and varied.
- Monitor competitor performance to enable benchmarking of company’s performance.
- Ensure fully reconciled, ‘penny perfect’ balance sheet on a monthly basis – review and challenge finance team monthly.
- Ensure timely, accurate and detailed month-end accounts produced for JVs and investments.
- Oversee accurate and timely allocation of shared costs, prelims etc.
- Preparation of fully compliant FRS102 standard financial statements.
- In conjunction with Group FC, act as key contact for auditors at year-end.
- Responsible for preparation of UK Corporation tax computations and supporting analyses.
- Responsible for overseas tax reporting and compliance requirements.
- Support payroll tax reporting (e.g. PSA, P11d, BIK, technical input of expenses manual).
- Support team and GFC with VAT queries and compliance.
- Work with FD & Group FC to ensure tax risk management is appropriate for business including documentation.
- Constant focus on identifying and implementing process improvement through elimination, simplification, and automation.
- Work with Group FC to speed up month-end
- Manage accounting team of 2, including PPRs, appraisals and training needs assessments.
Skills required to do the job:
- Professional and customer oriented.
- ‘Support and challenge’ mindset.
- Highly organized and process orientated.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Will do approach and proactive problem solver.
- Persuasive; ability to influence others. Must be robust.
- Team player with excellent team management skills.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Client facing / Business partnering experience is also required.
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum PRO RATA
Reference ID: JO0000000552
Part-time hours: 32 hour per week