The Finance Manager role is responsible for all financial control aspects for the Transport Division and Industrial Equipment Division (IED) within Close Brothers Asset Finance.
The role holder will support the Financial Controller by taking ownership of all financial control and reporting deliverables for these businesses, working closely with the FP&A Manager to produce the management accounts and providing necessary coaching and development of their direct reports.
- Ensure all monthly financial accounting deliverables for Asset Finance (Transport and IED) are completed to high standards and within set deadline, including:
- Own the month end process ensuring all monthly accounting is completed by closing of the ledgers by WD4
- Prepare payroll postings and review intercompany recharges
- Ensure costs are recorded accurately and allocated correctly for Transport and IED businesses
- Preparation of monthly flash with variance analysis explanations for submission by WD2 to Bank FP&A
- Drive strong understanding of monthly business performance and prepare commentary on key monthly variances for the financial statements including income, funding charges and costs
- Ownership of IFRS 9 provisioning model and all associated tasks and reporting requirements
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations along with supporting schedules for review and sign off by FC and FD
- Continue to improve and ensure a strong financial control environment is maintained
- Review funding graphs sent to Treasury to minimise interest rate risk
- Perform deep dives into new and existing month-end activities to understand the context in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the processes
- Review information requested by the Tax team for tax calculations
- Prepare and review the Interim and Year-end Financial Reporting Packs as requested by Group Finance
- Prepare and review statutory accounts
- Ownership of audit processes, ensuring an accurate, efficient and clean audit
- Prepare and review quarterly FINREP for CAF Divs, FFI and Asset GMBH for review and approval by the FC and FD
- Drive checks and controls, analytics and strong understanding of specific returns in the team by working with the Bank Consolidation team.
- Assist the FC and FD on ad-hoc projects and own AF&L central workstreams to identify best practices and ensure that best practices are implemented across the team
- Drive standardization, simplification and continuous improvement of processes and controls to improve the integrity of financial reporting and efficiencies in the process. This includes challenging existing processes, partnering with appropriate stakeholders for a successful end-to-end approach to reporting.
- Ensure process documentation for all areas is up to date for any changes in process
- Collaborate and support other stakeholders within the business such as Operational Finance, FP&A and Credit teams
Developing Our People: as a line manager, you will be responsible for increasing productivity and developing performance through coaching, mentoring and developing your team members. You will encourage your team to take responsibility for their own personal development and provide support through regular feedback.