We have a fantastic opportunityfor a Finance Business Partner to join our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at our Heathrow Approach offices.
The FP&A team in IRIS are the finance business partners to the functions, providing routine reporting, analysis and forecasting as well as support for focus projects and emerging issues. This role will be focussed on partnering the product and development functions as well as supporting the wider activities of the Commercial and Product Finance Director.
Following a team reorganisation and a period of temporary cover it is clear there is a requirement for a dedicated finance supporting for the product and development teams. The role will have ownership of the product profitability models, cost forecasting, building business cases across the portfolio, project support and responding to ad-hoc queries.
What will you be doing?
As a Finance Business Partner in this team, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Developing and producing monthly product profitability reporting.
- Working with the Product teams to understand requirements and create insightful reporting thereby identifying areas and issues requiring focus, extending this into modelling our product strategies.
- Building financial business case models for the product and development teams.
- Business partnering and supporting the Elements project developing the next generation platform for our products.
- Adapting existing reporting to meet evolving business requirements and data landscape, including the migration to new business systems.
- Partnering with the transactions team to support their forecasting and business plan development.
- Owning actuals reporting, budgeting and forecasting cycles for product development.
What skills and experience do you need to have?
This role is ideally suited to an individual with commercial acumen, confidence in working across function and able to build effective and robust models, manipulating complex data sets from mixed sources.This role will have a direct impact on the investment decisions made by the product and development teams which are key to the success of the business and has good exposure to senior management. Candidates need to be persistent and able to work independently.
We're looking for someone with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent experience
- Advanced Excel skills including data management and reporting development
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of enterprise systems such as NetSuite and Salesforce.
- Ability to manage databases and think outside of the box to provide deep business insights.
- Attention to detail and ability to do in-depth data mining, methodical approach to work while also seeking to understand the big picture.
- Strong ability with data modelling and a good understanding of finance databases.
- Experience working with sales, marketing functions. Technical development exposure also desirable.
- Working in a fast-paced, high-growth business.
This position will also suit someone with the following competencies:
- Works effectively under pressure
- Attention to Detail
- Agility and adaptability
- Ability to challenge the current processes and recommend improvements
- Team Player
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
Who are we?
With over 40 years’ experience, IRIS is the UK's market-leading provider of business-critical software and services to the UK accountancy, payroll and education sectors. These solutions are delivered as a choice of integrated on-premise software and cloud-based applications - managed under the leading IRIS, PTP, KashFlow, Keytime, Taxfiler, Cascade, 12pay, Star, Earnie, PS Financials, ParentMail, Contact Group and School Asset Manager brands. They serve over 21,000 Accountancy Practices, 11,000 education organisations and more than 80,000 small and mid-sized businesses, corporates, and payroll bureaus across a wide range of industry sectors.
Why you should apply...
At IRIS, we believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. To help with that, we offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus potential (depending on company and individual performance)
- 26 days holiday allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Additional benefits, such as Bike to Work and discount schemes.