Join Abcam as Finance Business Partner – Gross Margin & Inventory– Interim (6-month Fixed Term Contract)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to join a fast-paced and dynamic team.
This role will play a pivotal part in shaping how Abcam improves its Inventory Valuation and Gross Margin analysis, shortening reporting lead-times and providing insightful management information.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience reporting month end results, preparing Product Margin Analysis and inventory and supply chain dashboards.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Mission – To serve life scientists to achieve their mission faster
Vision – To be the most influential life sciences company for researchers worldwide
Strategy – To deliver sustainable, profitable, long-term growth
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Improve Gross Margin Analysis to provide accurate & timely insights for senior management
- Partner with Supply Chain, providing valuable analysis and insights on Group Inventory.
- Ensure that relevant processes and controls are in place to maintain accurate inventory and cost of sales data, across multiple systems
- Lead improvement Projects across costing and inventory processes, in order to drive efficiency and reduce reporting lead-times
- Planning, forecasting and reporting direct and indirect expenses for the Group
- Ad hoc analysis and modelling as required
Requirements and Skills:
Comfortable operating in the detail, but also with the ability to understand the big picture, you will analyse and report at a strategic and operational level in a concise agile manner to suit the audience as appropriate.
Confident and organised to lead projects on a structured way.
The workload is diverse and time pressured, so you will be a “right first time” type of person, comfortable keeping plates spinning whilst always delivering on time and to a high standard.
Constantly striving for improvement, you will challenge the status quo and look for innovative and creative ways to solve problems and improve processes.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) ideally with experience in an accounting practice
- Experience in Oracle, SmartView, Hyperion or similar reporting tool
- Advanced MS Excel experience is required