Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Our success as a projects based business is based on ensuring the commercial viability of the projects we undertake.
A strong Finance Business Partner is required therefore to support one of the key divisions and to work with the senior leadership team to support on time and especially on budget delivery of the projects we undertake.
This Finance Business Partner position is a hugely commercial role. It holds huge potential to impact the top line as well as driving efficiencies and cost transformation initiatives to influence overall bottom line growth. The Finance Business Partner will provide financial support for decisions on projects as well as building a high performing team, constantly seeking improvement opportunities.
- Produce monthly forecasts related to current and pipelined projects, communicating and challenging assumptions where needed
- Supporting new business proposals including advising on: pricing strategy, basis-of-estimate generation; foreign exchange management; risk and opportunities management; contract negotiation support
- Work with Heads of Departments to produce/develop variance analysis and MI to understand the key drivers of the result and track overall performance against plan
- Undertake and present ad-hoc analysis to meet evolving business requirements
- Work closely with the FP&A Team to feed assumptions into the overall Company budgets/plans and provide requested analysis and commentary for presentation to the CEO & CFO.
- Implementation of controls and reporting standards
- Support the month end reporting processes by providing your analysis and divisional reporting to FP&A Team
- Active business partnering to ensure informed reporting of risks & opportunities, actuals and forecast variance analysis.
- Help motivate and develop a team of Project Controllers, providing control and guidance on project accounting and financial analysis.
- Providing effective commercial procedures, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered
To be successful in this business critical and commercially important role, you will be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) steeped in partnering with senior operational managers (ideally within a project delivery environment). You will have the communication and inter-personal skills to influence senior managers, key stakeholders and business critical decisions, and an ability to translate complex numbers to support business decisions