JJ Food Service Ltd is an award-winning FMCG food service provider which has shown immense growth with over 800 employees and revenue of over £200 million.
We are currently seeking an experienced Finance Assistant to work in our Enfield Branch and support the delivery of a strong reporting, analysis and control environment.
As Finance Assistant, you will support the delivery of a strong reporting, analysis and control environment.
The core parts of the role
As Finance Assistant you will be expected to:
· Monitor and account for the company’s cash through:
. Checking the daily Cashiers’ Interfaces, posting journals and checking related control
accounts, alerting sites and Finance management of any reportable differences.
. Reconciling bank statements daily.
. Reviewing, on a weekly review, the cash and card control accounts to ensure any outstanding issues are followed up by the relevant site.
· Support the preparation and review of the company’s Monthly Management Accounts by:
. Preparing accurate journals to ensure correct charging of costs paid by Petty Cash, recovering VAT wherever allowable.
. Reconciling key Balance Sheet accounts (including Petty Cash control accounts) to ensure completeness and accuracy.
. Reviewing costs incurred (incl. energy usage, Telecoms, finance charges), preparing and posting accrual journals to ensure true costs are accurately reflected.
. Assisting in the calculation and booking of foreign currency stock purchases, including the raising of journals to match relevant incurred costs with the transfer to stock.
· Support Purchase Ledger through the accurate coding of invoices relating to Goods not for Resale and reconciliation of the related supplier accounts.
· Assist in the preparation and submission of:
. Schedules that support the annual financial accounts and audit.
. Quarterly VAT Returns
. Monthly EC Sales List and Intrastat Returns
Who we are looking for
To succeed you will ideally have:
· A background in Finance, preferably supported by relevant studies (e.g. AAT).
· GCSE pass in Mathematics and English (grades C / 4 or above) or equivalent.
· Good IT literacy.
You will also demonstrate:
· The ability to organise and prioritise your work as necessary.
· A willingness to learn.
· Attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills.
We offer a starting salary up to £25,000(based upon experience)
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Only successful applicants will be contacted.