Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant - International Development Charity to join our integral Finance Department based in Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time basis as part of a 1 year fixed-term contract and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £15,725 - £19,887 per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based international charity that aims to tackle poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. We save lives and empower local communities whilst championing humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence.
Benefits of joining us as our Finance Assistant include:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
Key duties and responsibilities of our Finance Assistant:
- Support the Finance Officers and Accountants in all income processes
- Preparation of monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Reconciliation of various Bank Accounts as assigned
- Processing all streams of donated income onto the Donor Management System
- Balancing daily activity to funds received
- Processing month end income reports
- Completing journal entries on the Accounts system for bank receipts and bank payments
- Raising ad-hoc customer invoices and ensuring efficient credit control procedures
- Provide support regarding Petty Cash and general banking requirements
What we’re looking for in our Finance Assistant:
- Educated in a relevant discipline or some experience in a similar role
- IT literate with a high level of accuracy
- Experience of accounts processing
- Flexible working approach in support of the organisation’s objectives
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time, workload and prioritise work to deadlines
- Willingness to learn and progress
This would be an ideal role for a Finance Graduate looking to get a step on the career ladder in Financial Services or the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Finance Assistant – we would love to hear from you.