Our application is not compatible with Internet Explorer (IE).
Regional Finance Analyst, EMEA
Job Description Summary:The Regional Finance Analyst, EMEA is a supporting point of contact for the region on a broad range of Finance matters including accounting, financial planning and analysis, payroll, tax, and treasury. In this capacity, the position is responsible for the execution of financial controls, support for budgeting and reporting, and the operational details of external financial relationships. The position is headquartered in London and reports to the Director FP&A (Global) and the Operations Director (EMEA).
- Assist Treasury department with forecast of revenue, expenditures and cash flow
- Support execution of funding, intercompany flow activity and services agreements
- Analyze local currency exposure and support the execution of risk mitigation
- Recommend new banking relationships as needed to support business activities (e.g. to support regional offices where necessary) and new banking services in existing relationships
- Support and execute fraud-related controls
- Support the information flow related to accruals, fixed assets, and leases to keep records updated as appropriate
- Implement regional financial controls for financial reporting according to local requirements to support regionalization strategy as required
- Conduct in-country monitoring/testing of financial controls for financial reporting according to local requirements
- Assist in the execution and delivery of audit document requests (ADR), such as confirmations, and signatures on financial statements and engagement letters
Payroll and Tax responsibilities
- Support the Global payroll team to perform and manage daily payroll processing activities in the EMEA region to ensure effective local delivery of payroll services
- Serve as a liaison to corporate tax and payroll teams in assisting in the gathering of any required documentation and information related to EMEA operations
- Implement controls and processes to support the regionalization strategy where applicable
- Partner with global payroll team to manage local payroll vendors to administer relevant local programs within region (UK, Belgium, UAE)
Financial Planning & Analysis Responsibilities
- Coordinate and support regional budgeting by serving as a regional point of contact for financial planning activities including business driver forecast coordination, financial modeling support including revenue and expense forecasting, and budget process and tool coordination
- Support the regional Operations Director for management reporting within EMEA
- Supporting regional point of contact for financial performance analysis including budget variance analysis, reporting for regional leadership, and regional financial performance commentary for corporate/Board reporting
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in some combination of cash and revenue management, tax, accounting, payroll, financial planning and analysis
- Fluency in English required
- Experience within EMEA and responsibility in a multinational organizational preferred
- Completion of CFA Institute Investment Foundations program is preferred; persons not holding the designation will be encouraged to attain it during the first year in the position
- Knowledge of executive management payments
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in project management is beneficial, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Full time in the office
- Travel will be approximately 5-10 percent of the time, including international travel
CULTURAL ELEMENTS AND GLOBAL COMPETENCIES
- Global Perspective – Understands business on a global scale, understands differences in people and cultures, and is effective across varied conditions.
- Agility– Responds quickly to opportunities, is flexible, and effectively embraces change.
- Effective Communication– Communicates clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles, listens, and presents a professional image.
- Stakeholder Focus– Identifies and understands stakeholders and their needs, acts with their interest in mind, and gains their trust and engagement.
This job description is a summary of job requirements and duties and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all areas of responsibility.
Time Type:Full time
Applicants for positions located in the U.S. please click here for Federal Labor Law postings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the established policy of CFA Institute not to discriminate against any individual employee, group of employees, or prospective employee on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, religion, creed or belief, age, marital or partnership status, marital or family status, care giver status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, physical abilities/qualities, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, predisposing genetic characteristic, military or veteran status, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence or sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, infectious disease carrier status, migrant worker status, educational background, socio-economic status, geographic location and culture or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy impacts all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, training, development, promotion, demotion, and dismissal. This is a global policy that applies to all CFA Institute employees, regardless of location.
Our application is not compatible with Internet Explorer (IE). We recommend using a different browser.