- To contribute to the delivery of a high quality, finance advice and information service.
- To provide the initial contact for advice and guidance through a range of approaches including face-to-face, telephone and e-mail support. This includes the provision of first level guidance, a triage service and the efficient organisation of appointments and information systems.
- To make appropriate referrals and maintain good working relationships with staff across the organisation to ensure that customer service standards are consistently maintained.
- To administer, receipt and record daily payments received by the organisation, liaising with other departments and faculties to ensure the accurate recording of income.
- To be responsible for the daily reconciliation of all monies received against Finance records. Prepare and document all monies received in preparation for collection to the bank.
- Extracting payment data from both the student information system and the financial system on a daily basis. Reports are then examined to ensure it agrees with the income taken that day.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of an information service including the filing and organisation of both written and computerised information.
- To provide effective clerical support to maintain tracking and monitoring systems. This includes the inputting of data onto the Student Record System
- To manage all daily correspondence for the Finance Department and distribute accordingly.
- To provide administrative support for specific activities, as require, for example, pre-sessional enrolment, pre-registration for outgoing Study Abroad students.
- To liaise with all departments/faculties to ensure all financial procedures are adhered to regarding any monies held within the departments.
- To perform the annual audit checks on all monies held in departments/faculties.
- Export data out of the finance and student information system to provide regular monitoring for management information on the statistics of the number of receipts and the forms of payments ie cash/card/cheque
- To participate collaboratively in the planning and prioritising of finance team tasks in the short and medium term in conjunction with the Finance Office Manager and Income Team Leader, e.g. pro-active input to team meetings and training events.
- To deal promptly, accurately, and confidentially with student information received from a variety of sources, following Institutional procedures and protocols.
- To act as a first point of contact for complaints, try to resolve them where appropriate, recognise when such action is not appropriate and then channel issues accurately and speedily to the relevant areas of the organisation or Finance Office Manager.
The successful candidate will have education experience and will have experience in a similar role. They will have some finance administration, be highly organised and have great customer service skills. They will be immediately available to work and able to commit to a long term temporary contract.
The successful candidate will be offered a temporary ongoing contract for 6-9 months, with the potential for it to last even longer than that. They will be paid weekly, £10-12 per hour including holiday pay. They will be part of an exciting new project at a great organisation based in York city centre.
Finance Administrator, York, Accountancy, £10-12 per hour, temporary