The Field Services Engineer (ROSA Surgical Device) provides technical service, clinical support, and account management for the ROSATM system once they have been purchased by a hospital. The Field Services Engineer (ROSA Surgical Device) also plays a critical role in building the utilization of ROSATM system. In addition, they would be responsible to lead key projects that are needed for the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Using available tools/resources/materials, develop a hospital specific support plan with hospital administrators, surgeons, and hospital staff to enable independent use of the ROSATM System
• Through partnership with the surgeons and hospital staff, help drive system utilization by determining the appropriate program elements to meet the needs of the hospitals’ patient and local market
• Provide on site support for product demonstrations and educational initiatives to build local and regional market awareness
• In partnership with the capital sales team, work to develop an account development plan tailored to the local market
• During periodic ROSATM Program Review meetings with hospital administration and surgeons, provide relevant data and analysis to drive feedback and recommendations aimed at helping the hospital meet its established goals
• Lead surgical teams through training pathways designed to educate and train surgeons, staff, and administrators on the ROSATM system
• Perform new system installations, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting and repair for installed ROSATM systems following established processes
• Document and investigate product complaints to identify root cause analysis
Expected Areas of Competence
• Promote the highest levels of customer satisfaction through the timely response of customer inquiries, clear and effective communications, and professional appearances.
• Follow all internal communication and documentation policies (QA).
• Provide product feedback and improvements to R&D
• Attend product trade shows and annual trainings as needed
• B.S.or M.S. in Engineering or M.S/Ph.D in Neuro or Biological Science
• 3-5 years experience of field support, engineering, or other customer facing function preferably with a medical device company
• Prior experience with Robotics preferred
• Excellent communication, organizational and customer relation skills
• Ability to work without specific direction on daily activities
• Ability to determine one’s own schedule based on business needs
• Ability to apply technical knowledge to solve varied and complex problems, potentially ones not previously encountered
• Project management skills would be helpful
Up to 80%