Job Title: Field Service Technician
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 per annum
Summary of Position:
Our client is a manufacturing industry established since 1978, they are facilitating clean food environments with world class equipment. They are looking for a Field Service Technician who will be responsible for all in-house & on-site service activities. The successful Field Service Technician will be semi-skilled / skilled Field Maintenance Technician in multiple disciplines (min. NVQ2).
Responsibilities/Duties: All scheduled & reactive service work, including but not limited to:
- Able to produce detailed reports following visit.
- Assist with Q2 Machine Production
- Assist with Warehouse Activity
- Minimum NVQ2 in Electrical / Mechanical Trade.
- Good background working with Pumps and Pressure & Flow Systems.
- Willingness to train others / be trained for the role.
- Role is heavily customer focused, must be able to represent the company well.
- Effectively communicates back to the office from a remote location.
- Able to explain technical detail to non-technical staff.
- To be proactive at all times and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work effectively in a 'self-contained’ manner.
- Able to work effectively within other site trades and contractors as required.
- Able to work effectively within a team environment as required.
- Must place a high priority on maintaining a high degree of customer service.
- Happy to go the extra mile as per the company ethos.
Flexible Approach to Working
- Must be happy to work unsocial and sometimes long hours.
- May often include early starts, late nights (including night shift work as required) and occasional weekends.
- Must be prepared to travel around the UK as the role requires.
- Must have full UK driving licence (preferably clean).
- Must be prepared to travel internationally on occasion.
- Willingness to stay away from home for potentially 2-3 nights a week.
Knowledge of the Food Industry
- Ideally, candidate will have experience of working within Food producing environments.
- Aware and compliant of all H&S & COSHH requirements.
- Other specialist industries considered - Pharmaceutical etc.
- Bilingual English & French.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4.30pm.