Field Service Engineer – LC-MS
Base Salary Circa £30,000 - £38,000 DOE + £2,000 Bonus + Car Allowance + Mobile Phone + Laptop + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Days Bank holiday + Christmas Leave + 7% Matched Pension Scheme + Private Healthcare + Expenses Paid Monthly
Location: UK Wide
Do you want to be part of a team with a ‘get the job done’ ethos, and the opportunity to take more control over your scheduling?
Would you like to work for the largest independent LCMS (Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy) and chromatography sales & service organisation in the UK, Europe and Asia?
Are you an Agilent trained LCMS Engineer who is ready for a new challenge in a fast growing and highly dynamic company?....
The Requirements of the LCMS Field Service Engineer:
- To be considered for this role it is imperative that you have current or very recent experience (2+ years) servicing, repairing & calibrating Agilent Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectroscopy systems
- You will most likely have experience servicing specific Agilent LCMS systems such as the: Ultivo triple quadrupole LC (liquid chromatography)/MS (mass spectroscopy), 6495B, 6470A, 6420A or 6460C systems
- Right now, you will be either a Field Service Engineer or Site Engineer working either for Agilent directly or a 3rd party service provider who support Agilent systems
- You will be educated with a BSc in a Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, In-Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Physics based degree (Electronics and/or Mechanical qualifications will also be considered)
- Must hold a Full UK driving license & valid Passport
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Outgoing and confident and ability to work on your own and within the service team.
The Responsibilities of the LCMS Field Service Engineer:
- Within the Field Service Engineer role, you will carry out repair, calibration and service of equipment such as: LC-MS (liquid chromatography, mass spectroscopy) Agilent Quadrupole, Single Quad systems, 6890, 7890, 5975, 5973 and 5977
- Perform preventative maintenance and service to contract schedules, whilst carrying out on site installation and operational qualification to manufacturer’s protocols, provision of effective & efficient service support to customers, in line with the given deadlines as the Field Service Engineer
- To fault find and resolve issues to customer expectations, working autonomously to complete tasks and build/ maintain strong customer relationships with universities (90% of customer base), CRO’s and Pharmaceutical companies
- Refurbish and validate equipment for the refurbished instrument, identify new customers or market segments that could become a future account
- Our client is a trusted and market leading independent Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy and Gas Generator sales and service company based in the UK
- With over 10 years of industry experience and over 100+ years of combined experience in their service team they have an impressive range of different products by manufacturers such as: Waters, Agilent and Thermo Fisher to name a few
- They are an extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, each individual person is valued, and they are constantly on the lookout for new business ventures and opportunities to grow the organisation through different openings and avenues
- Flexibility, trust and autonomy are attributes they strive for when bringing on new Engineers which in turn offers an excellent working environment!