We have an exciting opportunity to work in a global biotechnology company dedicated to improving the human condition. Our scientific instruments, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific and medical advancements that make life even better.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will become a part of the UK and Ireland Service Team supporting customers. You will be servicing, installing and repairing some of our scientific instruments and machines – such as Real Time PCR and DNA Sequencing machines – that are based at customer sites.
This is a field-based role requiring a high level of weekly travel (up to 70%) across the UK and Ireland. We are looking for candidates based in the Liverpool area.
What will you do?
- Performing service activities within guidelines and in compliance with internal and customer procedures and regulations
- Installing, repairing, maintenance and instruction of use of instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations
- Providing responsive telephone and on-site support and work to ensure that the customer is successful in the use of their instrumentation
- Assuring a professional relationship with existing customers to achieve customer loyalty
- Up-selling of service contracts and products via FLIP award program (Field Lead Incentive Programme)
- Identifying sales leads and passing to the Sales organisation
- Coordinating your own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, manager, colleagues)
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your own activities: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports etc.
- Weekend work will be a requirement on a rotational basis.
Who we are looking for:
- Professional background in Life Sciences or related subjects
- Lab experience
- Electronics, Engineering, Biochemistry background desirable
- May hold a high technical certificate level or an academic degree
- Some past relevant experience within a service function
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well within a team
- Proficient in English
- Driving licence required
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive package and bonus
- Excellent benefits - Private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, life assurance + flexible additional benefits.
- Company car
- 25 days annual holiday
- Training, career progression and opportunities within a world leader in serving science.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.