Job Title: Hydraulic Field Service Engineer
Location: Newport based covering the South Wales area
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Average 37 hours per week + paid premiums for overtime and weekend working)
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join an expanding business and be part of a dynamic and growing team. They have a role in South Wales, which requires flexibility working both in-house at the Newport base, within the local steel industry plants and at customer sites across the UK. As a Field Service Engineer you will provide excellent, efficient, timely service and support to their customers, often at short notice. Travel and stays away from home are to be expected. This is an area they want to grow and an ideal opportunity to take ownership and develop the area with potential to progress into management.
The company provides robust hydraulic solutions for customers who prefer a partner not just a vendor and is one of the leading European specialists. As professionals in design, manufacture, assembly, service and test, the company pioneers multi-fluid trials to maximise the value of alternative hydraulic fluids. The company's goal is to lead development in hydraulic solutions for demanding applications.
This is a challenging role which requires flexibility in your ability to respond to customer and business needs, excellent communication and team working.
Main duties will include:
- Co-ordinating service and repairs in the South Wales area
- Building relationships with customers
- Formulating, submitting and following up quotations, with support from the Leeds office
- Upselling Company products and services
- Fault Finding / Diagnostics
- Completing field reports and timesheets/expense forms in a timely manner
- Conforming to company health and safety procedures and policies
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices
- Excellent understanding of hydraulic and / or electrical system drawings and components
- Experience calibrating flow, pressure, temperature and positional devices and instruments
- Willingness to work on a multi skilled basis
- Fault finding on electro/hydraulic systems
- Experience in field diagnosis
- Work experience in the Steel processing or power generation industries.
- Experience of writing site specific method statements
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and a desire to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work safely at all times
- Valid UK driving licence
- PC literate (Standard MS Office)
- Experience of electro/hydraulic systems control and associated components including Piston Pumps, Prefill Valves, high pressure manifolds and proportional control
- Previous experience working in a field based role
- Knowledgeable in site and workshop repairs and testing of pumps and valves
- ONC / HNC qualified or recognised relevant Apprenticeship
- Company Pension Scheme
- 33 days holiday per year
- Company Vehicle
When applying applicants should provide a covering letter detailing their salary expectations and availability to commence work.
Please note: All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Hydraulics Engineer, Electro-Hydraulics Systems, Lead Service Engineer, Lead Engineer, Engineering Co-ordinator may also be considered for this role.
£30,000.00 - £40,000.00 per year