Caljan Ltd is a provider of installation and maintenance services for telescopic boom conveyors, telescopic roller loaders and mobile loaders based in Milton Keynes.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will be expected to respond to breakdown calls and to complete planned works including a range of installation and maintenance tasks. The role involves providing 24/7 breakdown cover on a rota basis.
- To provide electrical and mechanical services to customers on conveyor equipment and related controls
- Respond to breakdown calls &/or complete planned works as directed by the Call Desk day to day
- Provide 24 x 7 breakdown cover 'on call' if required on a rota basis
- Accurately record and report all activities using the relative documents provided by the customers and the company
- Effectively respond to customer escalations with urgency to resolve their problems
- Responsibly manage the company vehicle, tools and stock provided
- Positively respond to performance data relating to our field operations in order to continually improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Prepare and write technical reports for internal and external use that can be used for quotations
- Ensure all requirements under Health & Safety legislation and required quality systems are actively adhered to.
- Actively demonstrate the support of other areas/departments within the company, to ensure that a team spirit is observed
- Any other reasonable request compatible with the job description as identified by the Regional Service Manager.
Previous experience in electrical and mechanical fault finding on conveyor equipment is preferred but not essential. Full training will be provided on Caljan equipment and on the software used to complete technical reports.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Engineering Qualification with electrical bias preferred
- Previous H&S Certification (e.g. CCNSG, CSCS, IOSH)
- Company van
- Fuel Card
- Company smart phone and tablet
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare cash back scheme
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year