Are you an experienced Electrical Service Engineer looking for an exciting new challenge?
Would you like the opportunity to utilise your technical skills within a forward-thinking innovative business?
If the answer is YES, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Ethical Power now have a fantastic opportunity for an Electrically qualified Field Service Engineer to join our team covering Bristol / South Wales area.
- Company Vehicle including fuel for both personal and business use
- Company Phone, Laptop, Mobile Broadband and iPad
- Training and personal development
- Other Benefits and Incentives
These are just a few reasons our team of Field Service Engineers love working for us!
What will you be doing?
Joining our team as a Field Service Engineer, you will provide both preventive and corrective electrical maintenance services for a portfolio of solar farms in and around Bristol. This will require regular travel to sites in your allocated region. On occasions you will be expected to travel to different regions to provide extra support if required. This will include performing preventative and corrective maintenance of:
- Electrical components.
- Inverters (i.e. thermal analysis, performance analysis).
- Modules (i.e. thermal analysis, integrity checks).
- CCTV/Security Systems.
- Monitoring systems.
- Structures (i.e. bolt tightening, corrosion checks).
You'll provide comprehensive reports using our bespoke systems in a prompt and diligent manner; these business-critical reports can be prepared remotely, not necessarily at site or in the office.
What do you need?
- Qualified electrician; BS7671 and Level 3 Electrical NVQ or appropriate equivalent
- Relevant experience performing PV O&M
- IOSH Managing Safety or equivalent and SSSTS Site Supervisor would be advantageous
- A sound working knowledge of HSE legislation
- Time served as Electrician or Electrical Engineer
- Solid knowledge of understanding risk. assessments, method statements, etc.
- Open to using collective knowledge and guidance, however, can also work on own initiative.
- Ability to conduct fault finding and diagnostics
- Capable of attending a site, identify faults, diagnose them, and perform repairs accordingly.
- Excellent, habitual report writing and IT skills.
- Knowledge of HV systems is an advantage with experience desirable.
- Knowledge of multiple inverter types is an advantage with experience desirable.
- Solar experience operating and fault finding on inverters, HV, DC & AC.
- Industrial PV installation maintenance experience.
Who are we?
Ethical Power is one of Britain's most innovative and ambitious renewable energy companies.
Initially Ethical Power was solely a rooftop solar panel supplier and installer. We have since evolved to become UK market leaders in the financing, development, construction and maintenance of renewable energy projects. Our expanding and knowledgeable team aims to build the highest quality generators available in the UK market, focused on producing extremely high yield in terms of power generated.
If you have the technical skills and experience to excel as our Electrical Field Service Engineer, click apply!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
DOE + Benefits