Based: South UK (must be within a commutable distance to Essex)
- Previous experience (2-3 years minimum) as a Service Engineer is essential for this role; you will be installing, validating, maintaining and repairing a range of laboratory and life sciences equipment this could include: chromatography (HPLC, GC, MS or SFC), Spectroscopy (FTIR, UV-Vis, UV-Vis-NIR, Fluorescence and Spectropolarimeters).
- As the Field Service Engineer you will be educated with an HNC, HND or a minimum of a BSc in a Life Sciences/Chemistry discipline or an ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline.
- Must hold a Full UK driving license.
- Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting customers and the service co-ordinator to achieve business objectives by providing accurate service reports to deadlines within the Field Service Engineer role.
- The work will involve installation including related customer introduction training, repairs, preventative maintenance services, qualification services, remote technical support by phone and e-mail, the territory includes London, Greater London, down to Bristol and Devon as well as Oxford
- Working closely with sales, attending demonstrations and presentations.
- Focussed to achieve: long term loyal customers, low call back rates, work in a cost-effective manner and be pro- active in creating revenues, company profit, whilst following the company’s quality-based procedures.
- It is essential that the candidate has a flexible attitude and happy to work within a small friendly team.
The Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a leading analytical instruments supplier of chromatography (HPLC, SFC) and Spectroscopy (FTIR, UV-Vis, UV-Vis-NIR, Fluorescence and Spectropolarimeters) instrumentation.
- For the last 60 years, they have grown into a respected global supplier of high-performance analytical instruments, operating in 57 countries throughout the Americas, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and the Middle East.
- They continue to strive to develop the best technologies and solutions for the scientific community.