Do you have experience of heavy construction plant maintenance/ repair?
If you are looking for a home based role, and would like to work with an internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand, then this is the role for you.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Field Based/ Mobile Engineer to join us in Horsham. This role will involve proactively undertaking the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of customers' machinery within a geographical area (hydraulic excavators, articulated haulers, wheeled loaders etc.)
If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential. Here at SMT GB we have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Service and repair Volvo construction or miscellaneous equipment.
- Identify mechanical problems, using technical knowledge and computerised diagnostic equipment.
- Be commercially focussed, seeking additional service revenue opportunities and promoting our aftermarket solutions.
- Complete work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting where additional work may be required.
- Maintain a sufficient personal toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively.
- Ensure company tool defects are reported.
- To ensure software updates are installed as new versions are released.
- Accurate completion of systems/paperwork (including but not limited to oil sample reports, Matris readouts, component failure reports, ERG's).
- Complete electronic/reports timesheets in 'real time' providing comprehensive details.
- To order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition.
Keywords: Home Based Mobile Engineer | Home Based | Field Based | Engineer | Heavy Plant | Machinery | Construction | Agricultural | Mechanics | Repair | Maintenance | Volvo
Competitive rates of pay | Company Bonus Scheme | Employee Discounts | Tool Kits | Pension Scheme | Life Insurance | Medical Cash Plan | On-site Medicals | Work Wear | 30 days holiday rising to 35 days with service (including bank holidays)
- A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV mechanics (NVQ L3).
- Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant.
- Proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Full driving licence.
- Residing within the Oxford area.
SMT GB markets Volvo Construction Equipment products including wheeled loaders, articulated haulers, hydraulic excavators, utility equipment and road equipment products in Great Britain.
We create value by providing sustainable and integrated solutions for the heavy equipment and transport industries across Europe and Africa.
We are the industry leader with state-of-the-art products and services that maximizing the benefits for all stakeholders.
We are a great place to work, with highly skilled teams that are inspired and dedicated to helping our customers succeed.
We are the partner of choice for our customers throughout the lifetime of their equipment.