Requisition ID: 220585
Relocation Authorized: None
Performs construction engineering assignments of a varied nature requiring a full working knowledge of construction engineering practices. Exercises professional judgment within the framework of broad guidelines provided by superiors. May have responsibility to provide direction to less experienced construction engineers, or construction office technical or clerical personnel. Scope of role includes works within the electrical and special systems discipline.
The Project involves the £500m London City Airport Development Program (CADP) which includes Airfield taxiway construction and associated systems, Terminal expansion and landside infrastructure upgrade. Initial assignment will include airfield nightshift works delivery. Including airfield systems installation (Incl: AGL, FEGP, Substations)
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational supervision from the Project Field Engineer or assigned supervising superintendent.
B. Supervision Exercised
- None. May provide technical and administrative direction to subordinate field engineers and administrative support staff, as assigned.
- Contacts are normally limited to construction, craft and subcontractor personnel in order to perform construction engineering practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assists construction superintendents in planning construction methods and procedures. Coordinates and resolves engineering or construction problems with superintendents.
- Interprets design engineering drawings and prepares construction working drawings for the use of superintendents as required, includin
- Temporary construction facilities.
- Field sketches of revisions and additions and preparing “as built” drawings.
- Reviews design drawings, related vendor drawings and installation instructions and studies interference problems.
- Tracks commodities on quantity tracking systems or other computer database programs as required.
- Assists in coordination of Contractor material deliveries, storage of materials, expediting and engineering reports related to the schedule.
- Prepares projections and schedules for workforce, material and equipment requirements.
- Prepares field change notices/requests, extra work orders and back charge notices.
- Reviews the progress of project controls documents. Ensures the project controls programs are fully automated for use in the field.
- Prepares cost estimates and reviews project design and engineering bills of materials to ensure their completeness.
- Maintains records of costs and quantity information, evaluates data and prepares applicable reports as requested by project management utilizing established, standardized automation tools.
- Monitors the activities of contractors to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Administers change notices and amendments. Audits contractor requests for progress payments.
- Maintains updated contractor schedules, as assigned.
- Monitors installation of materials and equipment to assure conformance with drawings and specifications.
- Provides input to constructability and lessons learned.
- May be required to provide input on employee reviews of assigned subordinate personnel.
- Knowledge of a single technical engineering discipline, contracts administration and/or cost and scheduling relating to the construction of airport projects.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Awareness of environmental compliance laws and requirements.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accident” safety program.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline coupled with work experience lead to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Work experience as a field engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
- All the mandatory training required by Bechtel and LCY as detailed in the LCY Training Matrix.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.