Who we are
At Genestack, we are tackling the underlying computational and scientific challenges of bioinformatics in order to provide researchers with software tools that will streamline the discovery process and drive forward precision medicine, drug development and bioinformatics research. Our clients are global blue-chip pharma, leading research institutions and hospitals.
Our mission is to enable scientists to find, analyse and interpret all biological data, tools and knowledge in one place. Our team of biologists, bioinformaticians and computer scientists works towards making the Genestack platform the most versatile and simplest foundation for bioinformatics projects at any scale. Daily life at Genestack involves solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with a brilliant, diverse team across our two offices.
Who you are
- You have a postgraduate or PhD degree and some experience in computational biology, bioinformatics or related fields.
- Have exposure to or knowledge of the drug discovery process, and ideally experience within bioinformatics. You are familiar with use of informatics software, and bioinformatics NGS analysis.
- Enjoy convincing people, and have an ability to successfully interact with managers, scientists at all levels, and IT experts..
- Enjoy working in a client facing environment, solving other people’s problems, being part of the sales process, and thrive in an environment of technical consulting.
- Have been leading workshops, training, and presentations, or have the aptitude and passion for doing this.
But most of all, you want to join a company that is working in an exciting new area, and is contributing to improving lives.
- We are looking for a dynamic Field Application Scientist based in our office in Cambridge, to work closely with our customers and the Genestack sales team to provide pre-sales and post sales solutions expertise for our platform.
- You will use your skills in providing solutions using Genestack technologies to address complex challenges through formal technical presentations to scientific audiences.
- During the pre-sales cycle, you will help with responding to RFPs (Request for proposal), preparing proposals, contributing to professional services estimates, and to the negotiation process leading to contract finalisation, as well as being involved in managing pilot projects.
- Post contract, you will continue to provide user training, consulting, and will leverage product adoption opportunities with clients.
- Internally you will support and provide subject matter expertise with consulting input to business analysts and project managers working on current projects.
- You will bring your bioinformatics and solutions expertise to help our clients resolve unique architectural and system implementation challenges.
If you feel that this excites you and you meet this criteria, we would like to hear from you.
Above anything else, we are looking for a strong cultural fit – a person with genuine passion for technology and genomics, who can work as a part of a team dispersed between two offices, willing to learn from others and share their knowledge. In exchange we offer career growth opportunities, a fun and relaxed work environment, flexible working hours and a competitive salary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Genestack is expanding internationally, creating opportunities for individual career growth. Now is a great time to get involved. Learn more about our culture, values and the team at http://www.genestack.com/careers.