Job Reference: SOF36F246-Mar20
Please note that this is an 1872 annualised hours contract (averaging 36 hours per week).
Wilson James are currently recruiting for a Security Officer to work on own of our large client sites in Southampton, at one of the UK's most advanced working environments, with over £36 million invested in their facilities and infrastructure over the past eight years. Over 40 nationalities are represented here, building their progressive culture, where diversity drives innovation.
As a Security Officer, you will be responsible for supporting the Site Manager in aspects of the security operation and required to protect the customer's property, people and/or assets by providing security services.
- Support and maintain close lines of communication between the reception, security and management team
- Demonstrate the core brand values and culture of the client, promoting a positive image of our customer and WJ at all times
- Assist the Supervisor in managing day to day delivery of security services
- Report issues to the Security Supervisor
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Provide a service level that as a minimum meets the contracted Key Performance Indictors
- Ensure that all legal aspects including health and safety legislation are adhered to at all times.
- Assist the Supervisor and management team with any ad-hoc requests (i.e. compiling reports)
- Provide administrative support to the management and staff members
- Carry out various checks to promote safe and secure environment and ensure staff follows given instructions
- Provide initial response to incidents/complaints related to the security services provided
- Provide assistance to other site functions
- Valid SIA Licence - we will train the right candidate
- First aid at work would be desirable
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Basic IT Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports where necessary
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team.
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
10.30 - 10.30 per hour
see job spec
see job spec