Family Support Worker | £15,000 - £18,000 per annum based on experience | Permanent - 37 hours a week | Full Time | Flexible to include evenings/Weekends. | Anglia
- Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that has been graded as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted?
- Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that cares as much about its staff as it does about their children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then Nexus Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary of up to £15,000 - £18,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6-month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Optional Private healthcare scheme.
Your new role:
The Family Support Worker will support the fostering household and children and young people in placement according to their needs as defined by the Placement Plan and subsequently identified, under the guidance and oversight of the Family Support Worker/area manager.
The overall aim will be to enhance placement stability and positive relationships within the fostering household within which children and young people can make progress and feel secure. Key Family Support Worker responsibilities include:
- Programmes of work identified in Care Plans and other formal forums
- Day-care activity to provide respite to the placement
- Preparation for independence work
- Attendance where required and contribution to meetings in respect of the child or young person, including provision of written reports and contribution to safeguarding plans and risk assessment
- Support of team activity in the promotion of Participation
- Working flexible hours, including non-office hours and at weekends, to support children and young people outside of school hours
- Attend and participate in events aimed at recruiting prospective foster carers
- Complete initial visits to households expressing an interest in fostering
- Contribute to planning activity days for foster carer families and children and young people and attend and participate in these
- Complete the annual statutory unannounced visits to approved fostering households as requested
- Participate in supervision, appraisal and professional development, undertaking training and guidance as deemed necessary
- Attend team and agency meetings as required.
- Take part in team organised activities e.g. for recruitment, Participation, social and celebratory, as required
- Work with team members to promote development of services and positive links with other services
What you will need:
- Experience of working with children and young people in a range of settings including managing challenging behaviour
- Ability to manage and support foster carers
- Ability to work as part of a team and work autonomously
- Ideally, you'll have an awareness of Child Protection issues
- Experience in working with IT systems, Microsoft software, database and ability to produce documents to a high standard.
- Current driving licence and daily use of a car with the ability to travel as required to a range of appointments
Nexus Fostering provides a full range of fostering placements to our foster carers, from short term care to long term care, to more specialist services such as parent and child fostering. Each young person we are asked to find foster carers for is unique and has individual needs, so we match carefully with our foster carers to ensure long-term stability for the foster child. We do not believe in placing a young person with a foster carer just because they have a vacant bedroom.
For us, fostering is not a numbers game, it is about placing the right young person with the right family.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Family Support Worker, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.