Do you have experience in Transport Management, and want to work for a global organisation who can support you with your career progression?
Copart currently owns and manages a fleet of circa 300 vehicles that are a combination of vehicle transporters and plant machinery along with LGV Class 1 and 2 Drivers.
Transport Operations handles the collection and delivery of predominantly accident damaged cars, vans, LGVs and other vehicles on behalf of insurance and automotive customers to industry leading service levels, across 16 geographically dispersed UK operations centres. The significant majority of these movements are undertaken through a fleet of wholly owned bespoke designed salvage transporters and employed drivers, supplemented by a network of sub haul operators.
There is currently a fleet of 12 professional drivers operating from both our Rochford and Colchester Operations Centres. The Facility Transport Manager will be responsible for managing all transport related challenges and costings within both operations centres and ensure that the drivers fully comply with all relevant legislation as set out by the DVSA, whilst at all times ensuring a high standard of customer service is applied to both internal and external customers. At the same time ensuring drivers meet the required productivity levels and comply with all Company policies and procedures and service delivery standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage productivity and performance of all drivers
- Ensure tachograph compliance via TruTac system
- Conduct regular auditing to ensure full compliance with vehicle management/servicing schedules
- Establish effective relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure all vehicles and plant is operated correctly and safely and is serviced and maintained correctly as set out in service schedules
- Monitor and enforce compliance with the Company's Health & Safety policy
- Overseeing the dispatch/planning function to improve driver productivity and exceed customer expectations
- Such other duties as requested by your line manager
Transport Manager | Manager | Transport | Logistics | DVSA | Customer Service | CPC | Transport Management Systems | Paragon Route Scheduling | People Management | Transport Management | MS Office | Excel
- £4000 per annum car allowance
- Monday to Friday Working
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Employee benefits scheme providing discounts at many high street retailers
- Discounted Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Contributory Personal Pension Plan
- Company Sick Pay (after qualifying period)
- Family Events
- CPC holder
- Previous LGV Licence holder experience
- Experience dealing with drivers on a day to day basis
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good people management skills
- Demonstrable Transport Management experience
- Flexible and professional approach
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Car transporter experience
- LGV Driving experience
- Knowledge of computerised Transport Management Systems
- Analytical and creative
- Paragon route scheduling experience
Copart was founded in the USA in 1982. Copart is a NASDAQ listed company and currently operates in more than 200 locations in 11 countries and has over 125,000 vehicles up for auction every day. With locations throughout Asia, North and South America, the Middle East and Europe, including 16 locations across the UK we are a fast paced, growing and exciting business auctioning in excess of 400,000 vehicles per year through our online auction technology in the UK alone.
We work with many of the world's leading insurance, finance houses, banks, and automotive dealers, fleet and rental car companies who rely on our combination of our advanced technology, robust processes and our people to deliver industry leading performance. Our continued investment in innovation and our customer-centric approach means we deliver bespoke solutions tailored to the specific needs of all our clients, and Copart is looking for the right people to join our team.
Copart is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in all aspects of employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our Organisation.
35,000.00 - 35,000.00 per year
see job spec
see job spec