We are UPS, the world's largest package delivery company. We are looking for a full time Facilities Supervisor to join our UK Team.
The main purpose of the role will be to manage the maintenance of our warehouse and office facilities & conveyor systems across 13 UPS Facilities in the Central Area of England (Sheffield, Lincoln, Tamworth and Stoke). Ensuring that they are safe, Compliant and dependable at the most economical cost. This may include project management of various projects ranging from building & conveyor modifications, to opening complete new facilities within defined budgets & timelines to the highest quality.
What you’ll be doing
• Asset Management
• Controlling Budgets
• Compliance including carrying out and reporting on preventative maintenance procedures
• Conveyor Reliability
• Project Engineering
• Maintaining Complete Accurate & Up to date Records
• Selection & Monitoring Performance Of Outside Service Contractors
• Supervision of Direct Employed Staff
• Understanding, Implementing & Maintaining UPS & Departmental Procedures
• Responding in a timely fashion to break downs
• Work as a team to achieve reliability and maintenance targets
What you’ll get
• Basic Salary £40,000 dependent on experience plus a company car.
• Excellent benefits package including company pension, Bonus, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers and attractions and many more
• Full industry leading training
• UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
During COVID we are a flexible arrangement between location and home work.
What you’ll need
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Able to work on own initiative and prioritize accordingly
• Willing to work flexible hours including call out coverage
• Automation or Construction Management experience is beneficial
• Industry experience or experience with conveyors
• Project management in Facilities Management or Construction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able To Prepare Engineering Designs & Specifications
• Good Cost Estimating Skills
• Good Negotiation Skills
• Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
A bit about a big business
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.