Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Kier Workplace Services are looking to recruit a Facilities Manager to work upon a PFI facilities management contract we hold in Oldham.
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects relating to the operational management, coordination, strategic planning and delivery of Kier’s contractual obligations and in scope services.
- Manage service delivery, client and key stakeholders in line with Contract KPI’s
- Ensure service delivery meets financial targets and operates within agreed budget.
- Develop and deploy Service Plans and Key Work Objectives to meet ongoing and changing needs of stakeholders, clients and customers
- Develop effective client and partner relationships in order to identify, propose and secure profitable work within the client base or scope of a contract to meet business growth targets
- Participate in contract reviews with Contract Manager
- Ensure plans and processes in place to prioritise & delegate workloads to achieve contract objectives
- Produce and maintain contract Key Work Objectives
- Develop customer relations to maximise perception of the business and maximise future commercial opportunity
- Ensure service delivery reinforces Kier Core Values and ensure alignment of change with Kier vision and strategy
- Ensure generation of accurate management, financial and performance information consistent with reporting requirements
- Identify opportunities to develop and refine management processes, information systems, technology and processes improvement
- Ensure organisational development, staff and other improvement plans are developed and deployed to maximise contract performance and financial return
- Ensure all staff performance is managed through PPR’S including setting out clear key work objectives aligned with the Service Delivery Plans
- Identify, enable and deliver cultural change and behaviours through flexible working and outcome-focused approaches
- Undertake other duties, tasks or reasonable requirements associated with contract, customer management and performance improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- A professional nature with adequate level of technical expertise
- Computer Literate with a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- Ideally holder of an HNC / HND in a related discipline
- Preferably registered with the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM/Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) at a full member level
- An experienced H&S Practitioner ideally holding and IOSHH Certificate
- Previous experience in a management capacity within the FM sector is essential
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.