Facilities Maintenance Technician-BEC013309
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for maintaining site facilities systems and equipment (e.g. HVAC, boiler, low voltage wire troubleshooting, simple plumbing, etc.). The successful candidate will support the implementation of facility related programs for Beckman Coulter’s campus in Hebron, KY. This includes on call rotation and extended hours when required. The successful candidate will also contribute to development of the plant’s facilities plan and coordinate for successful outcomes with multiple stakeholders and departments within Beckman Coulter (as well as outside agencies, and vendors).
This role reports to the Facilities Director and will work with other key infrastructure team members to help the team reach its objectives.
- Enables business to meet and exceed operational goals by completing timely preventative maintenance duties to maintain safe, stimulating and socially responsible building environment.
- Supports a team culture of continuous improvement for the office and manufacturing environment that ensures safety, efficiency, hygiene, and sustainability.
- Ensures successful maintenance of grounds and building infrastructure by troubleshooting and repairing electromechanical equipment (structural, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, heat-pumps, cooling towers, etc.). •Conducts facility inspections and equipment condition assessments to determine necessary modifications, including repair work and replacements.
- Contributes to discussions for improvement regarding building, energy management, and environmental sustainability systems.
- Maintains a strong relationship with the site’s key business partners, and stakeholders to ensure goals are met and ensure a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction (e.g. Coordinates and communicates for successful outcomes with: External Contractors, Utilities, Landscape Services, Office Planning and Location, etc.)
- Advises and supports facilities team in identifying and implementing energy savings and sustainability improvements using DBS tools and kaizen.
- Actively supports EHS initiatives and supports excellent housekeeping and campus orderliness.
- Contributes to energy management data collection and aids in analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and facilitates environmental sustainability.
HS Diploma or GED
- Competency in basic trades: plumbing, electrical safety and troubleshooting, mechanical equipment repair, HVAC maintenance.
- 2+ years' experience in building or mechanical equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to a successful team environment.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word
- Conveyor systems maintenance and repair experience
- Experience with building management applications and SW systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as individual contributor, and in teams in fast paced, stretch goal environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Universal Refrigeration License
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.