- Service the Health and Safety Committee arranging meetings, collating and preparing agendas, recording and distributing minutes.
- To ensure the university has an effective operating model for Fire Evacuation.
- Undertake the duties of the Senior Fire Evacuation Marshall, Departmental Safety Officer, First Aider and Display Screen Equipment assessor.
- Coordinate the appointment of Fire Evacuation Marshals and liaise with university fire safety team to ensure that fire safety training, risk assessments and Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans are undertaken, recorded, reviewed on a regular basis and updated accordingly.
- Line management of the Facilities and Health and Safety Officer.
- Manage and record health and safety inductions and refresher training for new and existing staff.
- To liaise with university Security to ensure the estate has effective arrangements for security including guarding, patrols and electronic access control systems.
- To liaise with Facilities and workplace services to ensure delivery of Service Level Agreements related to cleaning, waste and recycling management.
- To liaise with Estates Maintenance and Infrastrcuture teams ensuring the delivery of mechanical and electrical systems and services.
- To liaise with Information Services Department ensuring IT infrastructure requirements are appropriate.
- To liaise with Academic departments to manage their accommodation requirements and support the coordination and management of small works projects to refurbish and refresh academic office accommodation where required.
To actively follow and promote University policies, including Equal Opportunities and Race Equality policies.
To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations. To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
NEBOSH & IOSH are desirable but not essential if experienced
This is a temp to perm role initially starting off as 3 months then extended to 6 months or permanent
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that the site has a coordinated approach to all matters of Facilities and Health and Safety management aligned with policies and procedures. In addition, to work with the Estates team to ensure the delivery of an effective Facilities Management support service to site staff