Wiley is a provider of content-enabled solutions that improve outcomes in research, education, and professional practice. Our core businesses produce scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, reference works, books, database services, and advertising; professional books, subscription products, certification and training services and online applications and education content and services including integrated online teaching and learning resources for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Working from our office in Chichester and reporting into the Facilities Coordinator, we are seeking a versatile individual to join our Facilities team on a full-time basis. The role is varied offering opportunities to be involved in a number of activities within the department.
On a daily basis you will operate the Facilities Helpdesk, prioritising requests and producing monthly statistics from the helpdesk data. You will also support the primary administration function of the department including, among a range of tasks, ordering stationery and booking meeting rooms and pool cars.
- Assisting in reception when needed, covering holidays and sickness.
- Ensuring that the First Aider/Refresher and Fire Marshall training and lists are accurate and up to date.
- Develop / monitor and update the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule (PPM) and other related records to ensure works are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Raising Purchase Orders and processing invoices.
- Ensuring that the Facilities information Portal is maintained and kept up to date.
- Providing administrative support to the UK Facilities management team.
- Ensure that all owned processes are documented and regularly reviewed in compliance of the Sarbanes-Oxley act and general audit requirement whilst retaining any evidence to support audit requirements.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent standard
- Excellent customer service skills
- Manual Handling – Required to be physically fit and able to lift and move modest sized deliveries within specific Health & Safety regulations using appropriate equipment where required. Also required to be able to move furniture in relation to meeting room setups and office moves if required.
- Able to compose business-related correspondence.
- Experience in a Facilities administration or coordinator function.
- Familiarity with MS Office and ability to implement effective office administration procedures and processes.
- Self-starter who can work with limited guidance (when trained) and to prioritise and track tasks to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Current driving licence
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
- Competitive salary
- Performance related Incentive Scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Attractive Company Benefits including 25 days holiday per year, 50% staff discount, support towards professional qualifications
- Employee Assistance programme
Although we appreciate your interest only those candidates with whom we are interested in interviewing will be contacted.