The post holder will promote and raise awareness of the European Regional Development Fund programme allocation for the South East Midlands. They will also work to develop and deliver a strong local project pipeline for European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) projects by providing technical assistance support to project beneficiaries and make linkages between similar offerings, including creating strong project partnerships and supporting project development.
The post holder will play a key role in ensuring the successful implementation of ERDF as part of their 2014-20 European Structural Investment Funding Programme.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Deliver advice and support, including in person, by telephone, on-line and/or by group workshop.
- Promote and raise awareness of the ERDF programme allocation for the South East Midlands.
- Promote funding opportunities and calls for projects within the ERDF Programme.
- Brokerage of project partnerships and consortia across the South East Midlands, particularly Further Education/Higher Education sectors.
- Organise and facilitate events to publicise bidding rounds.
- Identify and support a robust, deliverable project pipeline including advice and feedback on potential project applications.
- Ensure that the ERDF Programme includes cross cutting themes such as sustainability, equality and diversity are addressed and promoted.
- Be the main point of contact and help broker any proposed cross LEP projects. This could be with LEPs that are geographically close, or that have a similar economic area (e.g. have identified similar key business sectors) or a shared labour market challenge.
- Communicate with the wider partnership such as the managing authorities, other government departments, academic bodies, ESIF Committee and sub-groups, business organisations, unions, voluntary and community groups. This could be via a website, meetings or networking events.
- Responsibility for submission of relevant financial claims to the Managing Authority or other stakeholder as required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Please note that this position is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Education & qualifications
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
• Evidence of continuous professional development
Experience & Abilities
• Significant experience and understanding of ERDF, including technical compliance and financial claims process.
• In-depth understanding of EU funding.
• Understanding of the South East Midlands economy.
• Ability to work independently and as well as part of a wider team.
• Partnership development skills
• Demonstratable experience of project management and facilitation.
• Excellent organisational skills
• Problem Solving
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels including both the public and private sector.
• Financial budgeting and planning
• Advanced IT (strong knowledge of Office and Microsoft programmes, particularly Excel)
• Knowledge of economic development and regeneration policy and practice.
• Experience of leading and managing internal audits.
• Self-Motivating – meets deadlines
• Good team player
• Confident, reliable and outgoing
• Proactive and creative
• Flexible and adaptable in a rapidly changing organisational environment
• A full, clean UK driving licence with access to a car
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your CV and application for this role will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. However, to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and check out our vacancy page on our website.
Smart Moves Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.