Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and experienced external development coordinator to our a growing XDev team. Tasked with making Jagex a successful, creatively bold games developer and publisher by enabling our internal teams to scale up with speed, bring expertise and develop workflows that allow for efficient, flexible and timely delivery.
You will coordinate across disciplines (Art, QA, Localization) as well as supporting all phases of external development such as sourcing, due diligence, working with internal & external teams with planning, scheduling, ensuring the accurate and efficient flow of information. You will also be responsible for updating, maintaining internal XDev database and managing the contract process.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Coordinate and facilitate the correct information flow between external and internal teams.
- Organise and run daily meetings between these teams
- Record all notes from meetings, feedback sessions and post in the appropriate internal systems.
- Incoming assets/deliveries are dealt with in a timely fashion. Any problems or delays are communicated quickly and efficiently.
- Proactive in dealing with any blockers.
- Taking part in team discussions about process and producing a clear document for the external teams.
- Scheduling, prioritising and tracking tasks and project details.
- Ensure Shotgun statuses and task assignments are kept up to date.
- Manage the set contract process and ensure relevant parties are notified and the invoices are processed on time.
- Monitor set KPIs and escalate any issues in a timely manner.
- Assisting Studio XDev manager in running and growth of XDev department.
- Championing external development with the internal stakeholders.
- Attending game events to meet new partners and recording their information on internal Xdev database.
WHAT WE NEED
- Proven commercial experience coordinating outsourcing within a game development environment, VFX, digital service or similar industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Adept in skilfully juggling tasks.
- Ability to quickly grasp tools.
- Organisation skills with excellent scheduling and task management skills.
- MS word, excel, power point
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- We look for proactive and personable team players.
- Ability to travel within and outside the UK.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid-for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so, as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps, we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.