PWR Advanced Cooling Technology are seeking experienced CNC Programmers with CAM software such as Mastercam, alternatively all applicants must have at least 3 years' experience using a similar software.
Relocation Assistance Available Including:
- Assigned personal visa agent
- Flights to Australia
- Rental assistance for the 1st 2 weeks
- Car assistance for the 1st 2 weeks
- Airport pick up if required
Exponential growth at PWR has opened up an exciting career opportunity for experienced 5 Axis CNC Programmers competent in offline programming of complex CNC machined parts. Applicants that can both program plus machine and have a commitment to do either would be highly considered, this position will not suit a simple general engineering trained programmer.
We are seeking experienced programmers with high level 5 axis milling experience, ideally in a high-speed machining environment with direct experience in aluminium surface and feature machining of complex components of an aerospace or motorsport nature.
PWR Advanced Cooling Technology is an Australian based company and a global market leader in complete solution management for design and manufacture of high-performance cooling system products. PWR specialises in motorsport applications and has become a trusted supplier to many leading race teams all over the world including Formula 1, NASCAR, WEC, WRC and Moto GP, plus niche OEM Automotive, Aerospace and Electronics industries.
PWR’s head office where this career opportunity exists is located on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. Ideally positioned between Surfers Paradise and Brisbane our expansive manufacturing capabilities are complimented with a precision engineering equipped CNC machine shop including fully automated and palletised 5 Axis machining cells. This represents an excellent career and lifestyle opportunity, to work in a highly motivated and dedicated team environment supporting a prestigious global customer base whilst being located in Queensland Australia. PWR will offer assistance to all successful applicants to obtain appropriate visa’s for relocation to Australia for those looking to pursue a long-term career within our dynamic business.
Position Requirements for a 5 Axis or 3+2 off-Line Programmer:
- Industry Qualified in an Engineering discipline or similar level qualification.
- 5 years' minimum experience of High-Speed Machining.
- Experience around Mazak Variaxis and HAAS machining centres desirable.
- Good understanding of tooling selection and procedures
- Time served machinist or equivalent recognised apprenticeship/ experience.
- MasterCam/Vericut simulation or similar Cam software experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret aerospace/defence style engineering drawings, customer specifications and condition of supply
- Engineer components using NC programming / verifying various components for all CNC machines.
- Creation of setup sheets and oversee the proving out of new programs.
- Understanding and interpretation of customer specifications and engineering drawings.
- Design of various fixtures and jigs.
- Assist within all aspects of engineering the production process, material flow and machine utilisation
This role will suit a trade qualified person interested in working in a very well-equipped machine shop on latest model equipment producing quality components for customers that are expecting the highest levels of quality and service. This is an opportunity of a lifetime to relocate to Australia and work with the world’s best customers on leading technology programs.
Attractive remuneration package (including meals provided at our onsite restaurant) will be offered to the right person for this important role.
Please note that only applicants who make a short list will be contacted for interviews to be conducted within the UK during the month of April, locations to be advised.