Role Title: Executive SearchPartner CMB
New orExisting Role- New
- The role holder will be responsible for end to end delivery of executive hires aligned to Wholesale and other business areas at GCB2 level (Managing Director) and above, operating as a true subject matter expert.
- They will be responsible for the delivery, governance and the ownership of the end-to-end hiring process driving a world class, high-touch candidate (internal and external), hiring manager and HR experience.
- The hires will be a combination of internal, direct or through external search partners, however the primary driver is to source world class talent directly. In addition, the role holder will be expected to engage with our Talent function ensuring there is an optimum mix of build, buy and borrow, ensuring the use of internal talent is used not only in succession planning, but also for cross business roles
- The role holder will be required to externally source candidates directly through a number of different channels, including referrals, market mapping and insight led work.
- Ability to provide advice and insight into candidates, and their experience, background and compensation expectation. Ability to ‘broker’ deals with complex candidates from different regions and companies.
- They will partner directly with the Business Leaders, providing them with visibility of GCB2 and above hiring globally.
- The role holder will partner with the Heads of HR, HR COOs, Heads of Talent, Global Business / Functions Heads of Resourcing and Onboarding and business leaders to deliver against the hiring needs, ensuring they support and partner at every step of the journey.
- They will own the day to day hiring metrics and numbers to ensure there is a global joined up approach at all levels. They will champion one way of working to ensure that the systems and processes empower Resourcing.
- They will operate as part of a borderless internal executive search function, partnering with counterparts in other regions.
- Impact on the Business:
- By the very nature of the role, interacting with client stakeholders and the candidates, the Executive Search Partner will have a significant impact on the overall reputation and performance of HSBC.
- The role requires an overview that is both quantitative and qualitative. The individual will need to understand the underlying business strategy and key objectives to enable them to provide clear direction from a resourcing and hiring perspective.
- Clear understanding of the business drivers and strategy in region and country to enable the role holder to deliver a very clear and concise strategy that will enable HSBC to achieve their hiring goals
- Own and ensure the documented policies and procedures are clearly communicated and updated as appropriate, including management of recruitment related information on Taleo and other appropriate channels. A key aspect of this role will be to ensure all policies and associated communication material is kept fully up-to-date.
- Form deep working partnerships with executive search firms and independent market mapping firms
- Global Heads of HR, Chief of Staff and Chief Operating Officers.
- CEOs and Functional Heads.
- Global Business / Function Heads of Resourcing & Onboarding.
- Regional RMs within Resourcing and Onboarding,
- Global and Regional Heads of Talent.
- Global Heads of Performance and Reward,
- External Suppliers.
- Work in collaboration with HR & wider business stakeholders to ensure the hiring strategy is executed across the region.
- Act as a subject matter expert both within the team and within the wider HR and Resourcing teams.
- Set and manage expectations for all hires.
- Interview and Assess GCB2 candidates.
- Manage and partner with the Executive Research Function.
- Identify key barriers / risks / core problems which may hinder delivery of operational recruitment. Provide suggestions / proposals and relate relevant parties to improve recruitment related processes
- Delivery of a cross border understanding that will cover a multitude of different and complex hires.
- Providing global subject matter expertise aligned to single or multiple business lines.
- Have the gravitas and ability to adopt a consultative approach with a can do attitude, providing the most effective, efficient and productive solutions.
- Working in an ambiguous environment where the structure is new and roles and responsibilities will evolve as the model matures.
- Ensure operational recruitment process delivery meets internal client expectations and candidate expectations.
- Providerelevant and high quality business analytics on a needs basis. The MIrequirement can vary by the businesses raising the request and be impacted bychanges in the nature of the information being sought.
- Asa senior member of the Global Executive Search team the role holder is expectedby the very nature of the job to be seen as the authority in market trends andknowledge.
- Global,Regional and Country alignment for HSBC Group.Working with the most senior stakeholders within HR and the Business,coupled with the Centres of Excellent within Resourcing and Onboarding throughto P&R, Talent and Learning.
Observation of InternalControls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Thejobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliancerisk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, AreaCompliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embracesall relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the businesshas to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by
- ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Thejobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart ofeverything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- Thejobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated withthe role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic ormarket conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures andpractices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Thiswill be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood ofoperational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with entity management and/or the appropriate department.
Knowledge &Experience / Qualifications
- Track record of executive search and direct candidate identification at the GCB2 (Managing Director) level, along with delivery of the full executive search product
- Talent pool creation and management
- Ability to change the status quo when it comes to the resourcing
- Thinks inside out regarding the global business or global function i.e. brings Wholesale to resourcing not resourcing to Wholesale
- Solid demonstrable track record within resourcing and more specifically executive recruitment
- Experience of working in a global matrixed manner where possible
- Experience of partnering with the most senior stakeholders in a matrixed environment.
- Experience in all aspects of talent management
- Excellent excel and powerpoint skills
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of ourorganizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought,background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive toimplement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive andperformance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from avariety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness.We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates toapply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and globalcompetitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualifiedcandidates to apply.
As a business operatingin markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for ourcustomers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to beingan inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualifiedapplicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, genderidentity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to beable to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexibleworking arrangements and family friendly policies.