The Executive Assistant at Optum Ventures will ensure the smooth running of the office and support the investment team in traditional administrative tasks including but not limited to: answering the telephone, maintaining calendars and setting up meetings, making travel arrangements, greeting visitors, setting up files, tracking and completing expense reports, team support and overall office management. This position may also expand to include event planning and project management as required.
Our mission is to change the world through transformative investments. If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.
- Provides administrative support to the investment team. Plans, schedules, and organises key meetings (onsite and offsite), travel arrangements, and conferences for the investment team members;
- Deals with all incoming calls and enquiries, and answers questions, or directs to the appropriate person or function within the business to resolve;
- Handles calendar management for the investment team. Understands key business priorities and proactively ensures that calendar schedules are reviewed daily and that conflicts are resolved in a timely manner;
- Works collaboratively with the administrative staff with the Optum Ventures group to ensure coordination of calendars and events;
- Handles confidential and sensitive information with discretion, resolves routine questions, and escalates issues to the appropriate member of the investment team in a timely manner;
- Event planning and preparation for internal and external presentations-logistics, content, prep and coordination;
- Support of data entry into relevant internal databases;
- Manage e-mails and expense reporting;
- Meeting notes/minute taking as required;
- Perform office management duties as needed, including ordering supplies, stationary, setting up video conference meetings, ordering IT equipment, replenishing stocks, managing/distributing post and any necessary activity to ensure the smooth running of the office;
- Provides team support in the set up of new starters: Laptop and peripherals + relevant drive access, other office equipment, scheduling the induction itinerary.
- Performs additional duties, adhoc tasks and assist with projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of administrative support to senior leadership in a corporate setting
- Intermediate or greater level of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiency
- Experience working in a fast-paced organization
- Highly organised with core time management skills
- A flexible approach, adaptable, and pro-active nature, high level of initiative and solutions-focused
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects and deadlines simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Exposure to the FCA environment and/or experience working in a Venture Fund or VentureCapitalist role and/or environment is advantageous
- Intermediate or greater level of proficiency with MS SharePoint
- Strong Event Coordination expertise
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work with people at all levels
- Ability to provide high quality, consistent services to the investment team within the department
- Excellent verbal and written communication and grammatical skills