Job Title: Events Assistant Operations Manager
Salary: Up to £22,000 Plus Benefits
Location: The Apex, The Athenaeum, Moyse's Hall Museum & Garden Café, Bury Saint Edmunds - IP33 1DX
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Events Assistant Operations Manager Job Introduction:
We have an excellent opportunity for someone hands on, with operational supervisory experience to join the Sodexo team on site in Bury St Edmunds.
Events Assistant Operations Manager Role:
We are looking for someone who can assist the Operations Manager with the day to day events business, being present at the events and ensuring they are delivered on budget and at a high standard Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
Events Assistant Operations Manager Main Responsibilities:
The role will involve managing a small casual workforce whilst supervising the multiple conference, events and retail operations:-
- Duty manage a front of house team.
- Supervise multiple C&E and Retail outlets.
- Administrate day-to-day financial transactions, cash processing and reporting.
- Promote & supervise an effective Health & Safety Culture within the business.
- To assist with mandatory and job specific training and development of the team.
- Undertake duty management responsibilities across the sites ensuring smooth running of the operation and the delivery of excellent customer service standards.
- Operating the in the capacity of Duty Manager, responsible for key holding, cashing processes and decision making in the absence of the Operations Manager. Demonstrating innovative problem solving abilities to overcome operational issues
- Monitoring and maintaining beverage stock levels ensuring compliance with stock processes
The Ideal Events Assistant Operations Manager:
- Frontline team supervision experience
- Cash handling experience
- Stock Control Experience
- Basic IT Skills
- Foundation in Food Safety
Events Assistant Operations Manager Package Description:
Up to £22,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About The Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Apply below today!
£20,000.00 - £22,000.00 per year