Events Assistant Job Spec
To support the Head of Events to deliver approximately 15+ events per year from start to finish by liaising with speakers, clients, venues and suppliers.
The ideal candidate for this position will have some experience in the events industry and will be looking to build upon these foundations in a growing and dynamic team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Research into relevant media partners, particularly for new regions
- Researching relevant groups on social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, to promote events
- Venue searching for new events and compiling a shortlist to pass on to the Head of Events
- Arranging all event signage and documentation – liaising with the designer and sponsors for relevant materials so that all items are proofed, sent to print and delivered on time
- Finding suppliers in relevant regions to produce event signage and documentation where necessary
- Updating and maintaining the events website
- Updating delegate spreadsheets daily and sending out confirmation emails after reviewing registrations with Head of Events
- Putting together PowerPoint presentations for events and ensuring speaker presentations are received in good time
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining correct levels of event stock
- Ad-hoc duties as required by the Head of Events
- Confident, able to work autonomously and as part of a team, remain calm under pressure
- Extremely organised - able to multi-task, work on multiple projects at the same time, excellent time management and prioritise while remaining deadline focused
- Excellent communication skills – able to deal with people at all levels, good written communication and confident telephone manner.
- Accurate, good eye for detail and well organised
- Show initiative and take a proactive approach to ensure quick and effective problem solving
- Confidence to negotiate with and develop good business relationships with clients, sponsors and suppliers
- Occasional international and weekend travel will be required
- Ideally previous experience of working in an international events environment
- Client facing experience
- IT skills – Salesforce (beneficial), Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint, good Internet research skills, typing to at least 50wpm
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Events.