Job Title: European Sales Manager
Location: UK Residence, home based with travel to Germany
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 (dependent on experience) + 10% Bonus Target + Car Allowance
Territory: Germany, Austria, Denmark and Switzerland
Summary of Position:
Our client has provided food safety and disposable products to the European market since 2004 and they are looking for a Business Development Executive to join their team. The primary objective of this position is to develop further opportunities in the said market while maintaining their current sales relationships in those territories. This includes working with the Sales Director to establish expectations for sales targets; develop key relationships with significant customers, other suppliers and team personnel; and support the tactical and strategic directions of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Sales Director to identify targeted accounts in the regions on which to focus and maintain and increase sales at these specific accounts.
- Promote, inform, and sell the Product lines to the end user market either directly or by supporting our resellers/ distributor partners.
- To develop the Date code Genie customer base and to be able to train customer on this cloud-based IT software.
- Analyse the existing product mix of our accounts and identify potential gaps and additional products that could be sold and begin the process of selling them.
- Assist in launching new product lines in your regions and nationally when requested.
- Present our products at National / Local Trade Shows along with other Trade events and follow-up on generated leads.
- Attend sales meetings and trade shows within Europe, as required.
- Review the marketing materials to ensure they are up to date and complete.
- Able to work on monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets and goals.
- Work with the sales team to mutually grow sales.
- Work collectively with colleagues at our Burton UK facility.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with key individuals (customers, resellers, regional health inspectors, and colleagues).
- Be prepared to be away from home and travel to appointment and trade shows throughout the designated region of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Denmark.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Fluent German Speaking.
- Computer literate for communication, tracking and other various tasks.
- Be self-motivated, looking to develop a key role within the company, whilst working independently.
- Be able to travel by car & hold a full clean driving licence.
- Have a strong work ethic focusing on creating quality sales calls.
- Be tolerant of rejection.
- Have the willingness to consultatively sell, to provide value-added solutions rather than commodities.
- Be able to identify and develop rapport with key individuals.
- Convincingly demonstrate and explain the benefits, advantages and features to a prospect or customer.
- Have the patience and persistence to endure a relatively long sales cycle.
- Innovative, strategic visionary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional etiquette.
- Strong networking and presentation skills.
- Proactive, organised, accurate, and eye for detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Professional, flexible and positive team player that is self-directed and self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively perform role using decision-making skills and other resources.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills coupled with a high degree of responsiveness and integrity.
- Ability to manage conflict resolution in a professional manner.
- Have an inquisitive and curious nature.
- Working remotely from home office.
- 12-days travel per month, visiting customers and prospect customers.
- Additional time away from home attending trade shows throughout the region.
- Region; Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Denmark.
- The person shall be employed under a UK work contract which would be controlled under the courts in England and Wales.
+ 10% Bonus Target + Car Allowance