Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The Aldermore CIO team is a key enabler for business success. By keeping an eye on our key End User Tech we enable our colleagues to provide the best service to our customer estate of over 200k.
We’re the team that looks after our device build deployment, patching, AV, mobile device management, and security, ensuring the Aldermore experience is smooth and up to date, no matter the external climate.
We’re the people that design, develop, implement, support and manage our mobile devices, laptops, desktops and associated tools and desktop software, manage our 3rd party vendors and keeps the bank moving. If you love tech and the impact it has on our users, then let’s talk.
The role of EUC Lead is really important to us. You will report into the Technical Transformation Manager, who will be your line manager and responsible for things like performance review meetings, 1-1s and development conversations.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Manchester office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Designing, developing and implementing, support and managing all EUC environments (mobile devices, laptop, desktop and associated tools and desktop software)
- Ensuring collaborative management of the wider team and to resolve issues across the function and more broadly within Technology; contribute to functional strategy
- Providing effective day to day management of third party vendor accounts, our Managed Service Provider, including licence management and ensuring maximum benefit is delivered
- Working towards managing and build a new End User Compute team with line management responsibility.
- Providing technical guidance to End User Computing (EUC) team, holding the team to account to, and driving the development of, technical product roadmaps.
- Acting as liaison between our internal customers and the Managed Service Provider to facilitate testing within the Bank for our EUC Operating system and Application updates
- Ensuring compliance with the Aldermore Bank architectural frameworks and leads the population of these frameworks with coherent and consistent architectural views
- Ensuring customer satisfaction of all IT services provided whilst managing associated risks
- Interfacing with Aldermore Bank PMO and Head’s of IT to meet service and design requests
What do we expect of you?
- Experience of working with an MS Windows environment from 3rd Line
- Exposure to products including Windows OS, AD, Office365 and Cloud solutions like Azure
- Exposure to End User Computing within an enterprise
- Experience of solutions design, data/information architectures and technical architectures
- Experience working in an ITIL environment (inc. asset and change management)
- Good technical knowledge of End User Computing services e.g. device build deployment, patching, AV, mobile device management, and security.
- Full life cycle experience, responsible for the development of a complete set of architectural views for an enterprise in accordance with one of the more common architecture frameworks
- Experience of project lifecycle management
- Setting of technical documentation standards including updates and scheduled reviews.
- Serve as the EUC subject matter expert for architectural frameworks, methods and tools
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.