3 month contract role on site at global bank - to start January 6th in Canary Wharf, London.
Need to be available to interview immediately.
Experience using Pentaho is essential - must be able to work with Pentaho immediately on a challenging project with aggressive timelines.
- The qualified candidate will have strong experience as a Pentaho (Kettle) developer and will have experience working on large scale distributed systems backed by large data sets.
- The Pentaho ETL developer will provide support in all aspects of data movement for a data warehouse environment,
- Design/Develop/code end to end technology solutions for a loading investment bank including batch process, calculation engine, database modelling, testing and process automation
- Interact with business users and understand business requirements, analyse and design optimal technology solutions to business requirements
- Work closely with offshore team to deliver projects on time and in a high-quality manner
- Conduct system analysis and work estimate for new tasks.
- Write high level and low level design documents; Conduct peer code review
- Collaborate with other internal or external teams on project related deliverables
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and experience managing large sets of data.
- Proven experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho, Informatica and Datastage
- Proficient in SQL and experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- Data warehousing experience preferred
- Experience of working with development of complex large scale systems required
- Ability to work efficiently with our offshore team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent team player
- Superb ownership mindset, strong work ethic, a habit of excellence
- Bachelors in Computer Science preferred.
Contact me ASAP if interested.