Estimator / Surveyor (Plumbing): Are you looking for an exciting and varied new role that allows you to combine your experience of plumbing, surveying, estimating and design? If you take pride in your work, enjoy building relationships with customers in their own homes and want to work for one of the regions leading full-service home improvement companies with a reputation for providing the highest levels of craftmanship, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Passmore Group have been improving the lives of the elderly and disabled for over 25 years by providing them with home adaptations via regular and long-term contracts with most Local Councils throughout Yorkshire through the provision of Disabled Facility Grants. In order to meet sustained demand, a knowledgeable Surveyor / Estimator with a good level of hands-on plumbing experience is required to visit occupied domestic properties to measure up for bathroom adaptations typically incorporating wet floor / level access showers, tiling, sanitary ware, joinery, plastering, grab rails & support systems.
Renowned for their honest, customer-focused approach Passmore Group are a 5-star rated organisation with a history spanning more than half a century. Their family-run business offers a fully managed; design, supply and installation service, all under one roof. They put their customers first, ensuring peace of mind as standard.
- Prepare and hand over a file to the installations team responsible for the delivery of the project, offering them assistance & support when needed both before and during the project.
- When required, produce basic plans and designs of schemes that meet the specialist needs of the homeowner and specification requirements of the local Council.
- Works may also include minor building works on occasion e.g. taking down solid walls.
- From time to time some elements will be specialist in nature (e.g. special baths, sanitary ware, and support systems, for which training can be given).
- Produce quotations from a Schedule of Works provided by Council officers, or from an agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Provide regular updates of Company IT/CRM systems throughout the course of the role.
- Prepare final accounts on completion of works.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar Surveying / Estimating role working on building projects in occupied homes (not new build), either with a national contractor or local authority, is ideal. However, experience of general bathroom design and installation (not necessarily adaptations) is welcome but not essential as additional training & support can be provided.
- A broad understanding of plumbing, joinery, electrics and other building trades.
- As we are dealing with elderly and vulnerable people, a calm, patient, relaxed and understanding personality type is essential.
- Able to work to deadlines which accompany all enquiries.
- A multi-tasker who is able to organise & prioritise workload and workflows to ensure deadlines are met, especially as the inward flow of enquiries can produce periods of high volume from time to time.
- A good communicator (written & verbal) with a good level of IT literacy including competency in Outlook, Excel and Word. Training can be given on other company IT systems.
- Full driving licence.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator / Surveyor with particular knowledge of plumbing to join a growing company offering real day-to-day variety as well as a stable job opportunity. Due to the nature of the role, an enhanced DBS check will be carried out for the successful applicant. Apply now!
£30,000.00 - £35,000.00 per year
Phone + Benefits
Phone + Benefits