About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator (Electrical) to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Maxim, Scotland.
To prepare electrical Bids including alignment with all aspects of the tendering process.
What you'll be doing
As an Estimator (Electrical), your main accountabilities are as follows:
- Ensuring the efficient operation of all systems in accordance with the Business Management System (BMS).
- Analysing enquiry contents, extracting commercial requirements and advising all interested/participating departments of the requirements.
- To interpret the “Scope of Work” and where necessary, formulate and place Sub‐Contract Enquiries and appraise subsequent responses.
- Attending “Pre‐Tender Meetings” and “Site Visits” and assessing all salient features. Establishing working conditions and ensuring completion of the necessary Site Reports.
- Performing “Quantity Take‐Offs” of materials and labour operations from G.A. Drawings, Schedules and Specifications. If necessary, establishing “Bills of Quantities” and providing Bills of Materials to facilitate material supply pricing.
- Performing an appraisal of Electrical Installation Work/ Structural Steelwork etc., and assessing methods of Installation, Manhours and Plant requirements.
- Evaluating “Preambles” and applying Norms/Costs to “Bills of Quantities” or “Schedules of Rates”, including sub‐contract elements.
- Establishing Total Manhours and Costs, evaluating Plant, Staff, Site Supervision and Accommodation requirements.
- Summarising Tender and in consultation with the Pre Construction Manager to arrive at a Tender Price.
- Finalising estimates and preparing Tender Settlement Sheets, Tender Submissions, including all Qualifications, Considerations and Supporting Documentation.
- Liaising with the Client and all parties concerned during the Tender period.
- Carrying out a review of all Electrical Bid Documents, attending Post Tender Meetings, attending “Kick Off” meetings internally or with Clients as necessary and dealing with post contract queries.
- Completing any other duties as required in relations to skills, activities and status.
- Working to Balfour Beatty Values.
Who we're looking for
The individual will be a collaborative worker who demonstrates the “One team approach” the business demands.
Ideally holding qualifications of ONC/HNC within Electrical Engineering field.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.