Here at Coulson Building Group we are looking for an Estimator to join our established and highly motivated team. With clear objectives and the support of your fellow colleagues, you will be part of a successful team contributing to the development of many varying projects across East Anglia.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a full programme of training and development opportunities for your ongoing development.
This role will be focused on advising, preparing and winning new tenders for the business. You will need to assist as well as manage the production of tender documents, attend pre-tender and post tender interviews and ultimately produce detailed and accurate tenders for all industry sectors up to approximately £8m.
- Liaise and support client engagement before, during and following the tender process to fully understand the client’s requirements.
- Prepare and ensure tender submissions are submitted accurately and on time.
- Conduct Take Offs and produce Bill of Quantities on projects up to approximately £8m.
- Understand and scrutinise the supply chain quotations ensuring accuracy, value for money and resolve cost discrepancies whilst maintaining profitability.
- Understand and present financial overviews of tenders and their value for adjudication.
- Help to develop new business by introducing new tender opportunities.
- Have a thorough understanding of project, scope of works and restrictions imposed by contractual requirements and site conditions.
- Assist with completing PQQs and ITTs.
- Help ensure that the Company maintains its image for quality and value for money.
- A strong knowledge of building industry practices, processes and requirements
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety matters including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Ability to communicate and interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of a range of different construction techniques, including sustainable and environmental construction their practical implications
- Ability to work to timescales under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Possess a good level of practical skill in the use of Microsoft Office packages and estimating software e.g. Conquest.
- Experience of working in an estimating/pre-construction department.
- Good technical construction knowledge and a construction related degree (preferred but not essential).
- Good time management skills.
- Full clean driving licence.
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a covering letter and your CV to our HR Manager Natalie Firmin to: email@example.com
No agencies please.
Competitive salary and benefits package