Estimator - Birmingham
Our client, an international manufacturer of UPVC Windows and Doors, is looking for an experienced Estimator to join their team on a permanet basis, due to continued growth and expansion.
Working within a team of Estimators, in a fantastic, friendly, internationally renowned business, this is a great role for an analytical thinker, with experience within the construction industry who is looking to take their career to the next level. Working on bespoke projects for both private and public sector clients, the main purpose of this role is to prepare and send out estimates for the supply and fit of windows, doors and curtain walling.
As an Estimator, your responsibilities will include:
- To create bills of quantities from specifications, schedules and drawings
- To price bills of quantities using bespoke software and Microsoft Office
- To obtain quotes from third party suppliers
- To liaise with clients and suppliers
- To obtain specifications from clients and suppliers
- Ensure all correct pricing schedules are uploaded on to the database
- Ensure all documents are stored on the network and in the relevant folders
- Progress all tenders through the CCS database
- Attend pre-start and site meetings as required
- Ensure all variations are supplied to the client and agreed before work commences
- Ensure all variations are entered on to the database
- Create window and door specifications from client information
- Produce tender offer documentation including window schedules and offer letter
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global business with excellent career prospects. If you have the ability to work to deadlines, interpret technical drawings, liaise with suppliers and customers, and can bring an understanding of tender processes and sound commercial knowledge with you, then this is the right role for you! Our client is willing to pay a salary of between £23,000 - £27,000 for the right candidate alongside other benefits.
If you have the necessary experience and desire to succeed, please submit your application ASAP!!