The ERP Replacement Programme has been initiated to upgrade the current K8.07 ERP system to K8 Babbage. This will be an exciting and demanding role offering the chance to be instrumental in the success in one of the largest change programmes being undertaken by Euro Car Parts.
Duties and responsibilities:
*Carrying out test functions on the ERP Programme to ensure the new ERP system is of the required quality to meet the needs of the business. The successful applicant will be working within a team of Test Analysts and will be focussed on the Finance system and Branch Administration Functions.
*Building coverage matrices to ensure requirements have been adequately covered, ensuring a full traceability coverage between Requirements, Test Cases and Defects.
* Writing and executing manual functional tests, building a repository of tests that will allow the test team to provide a repeatable and scalable test function.
* Documenting defects in detail to allow fast identification of issues by internal and external technical staff. Assisting the technical teams in terms of demonstrating the defects when required.
* Preparing test data as required.
* Working with the Business Analysts to gather requirements and document AS-IS / TO-BE processes
* Reporting to the Test Manager and deputising for the Test Manager when unavailable.
* Assisting and mentoring the Process Team SME’s in terms of best practice for system / process testing
* Carrying out functions on BAU ERP development project; responsible for supporting the live systems, performing analysis and functional design of changes to the system and leading test activities.
Skills, qualifications and experience needed:
Must have the following:
* Knowledge and experience of testing ERP systems.
* Knowledge of the Kerridge K8.07 and or Kerridge Babbage system in any capacity (e.g. user, tester, analyst)
* Experience of working throughout the Software Development Lifecycle, specifically Module, Regression, Integration, System/E2E and UAT test phases.
* Working with third party development teams within Agile Scrum / Kanban methodologies. Experience of waterfall will also be required as some aspects of the programme follow a more traditional approach.
* A strong understanding of Finance systems and business processes.
* Requirements gathering and experience of documenting business processes.
* Experience writing and executing manual functional scripts from complex technical specifications.
* Understanding of Test Management / Defect Management tools, such as; qTest, Quality Centre / ALM.
* Ability to report accurately the status of test products and to escalate any issues or risks to the Test Manager in a timely fashion.
* Excellent communication skills.
* A professional attitude to work, with the ability to motivate others to deliver to the best of their abilities.
* Experience of testing web services such as WSDL / XML files to test SOAP calls.
* Strong SQL knowledge to query Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
* We expect that the successful candidate will be educated to degree level but will consider other applicants that have significant experience.
Ideally will also have:
* Understanding / experience of non-functional testing, such as performance testing. SOAP UI would be desirable.
* Professional qualifications such as ISTQB or ITIL.
* Experience working on large IT projects.
Closing date for applications: 27.04.2019