Element has an opportunity for an Ergonomic/Human Factors Engineer to join our Consultancy team at FIRA International in Stevenage. This is a great opportunity to develop your career with a global Testing, Inspection and Certification organisation.
Working with our Chief Ergonomist you will:
- Work with customers and clients to carry out trials of how they use furniture and associated products
- Assist furniture designers to evaluate prototypes and offer ergonomic advice
- Assess products and users for fitness for purpose, safety, risk and comfort
- Test furniture to evaluate against dimensional and ergonomic standards
- Interact with other members of the ergonomics team to develop and run projects
- A degree, or equivalent experience, in ergonomics, product design or a related field
- Where appropriate we will provide training to extend your ergonomics expertise and support for further ergonomics qualifications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to communicate with people at all levels
- The ability to organise and prioritise work and meet tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills
- The ability to work under own initiative
- A highly motivated individual who consistently produces a high quality of work
- A strong team player
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration business in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.