Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
Jefferies is expanding its Capital Goods equity research teams with sector coverage across European companies. Our leading research teams analyze markets worldwide with a goal to be our clients’ first call for investment ideas, longer-term thematic pieces and industry expertise. Our research analysts use a variety of methodologies and data sources including surveys, industry contacts and public documents, as well as benefiting from collaborations with fellow Jefferies analysts following other industries, geographies and asset classes.
You will join an experienced, established and successful equity research team that is currently expanding coverage across global companies. The research team works with/alongside broader US and Asian research teams.
- To support the senior analyst to maintain/build out stock coverage and contribute to the European Capital Goods sector
- Being able to analyze earnings releases from Chinese companies (published in Chinese) and being able to come up with a read-across to the European Capital Goods sector
- To support the lead analyst in the provision of strong fundamental research allowing us to service institutional investors with sufficient intensity to drive vote capture, and support the interface with colleagues in sales/trading and Investment Bank.
- Regularly update financial models for all companies under coverage with a focus on earnings season preparation and reviews.
- Develop unique industry-wide supply/demand models that consider macroeconomic trends as well as industry-specific drivers.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- A strong academic background and an experience in the Capital Goods or Business Services is a requirement.
- You will have experience in detailed financial modelling of companies’ financial statements as appropriate for equity research production, including forecasting.
- Given the importance of China to the European Capital Goods sectors, an ability to understand and read basic Chinese is a requirement
- Strong Excel skills and more broadly Microsoft Office applications and sourcing data from the internet
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Commitment to task and attention to detail
- Self-starter: must be organised and able to work independently
- Previous experience either as a research analyst or in the industrials sector is advantageous.
Please note that this role is based at the new Jefferies office at 100 Bishopsgate, London, EC3A 7LA