Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
You would be working for the Jefferies Building, Construction and Housebuilding equity research team. A team with strong momentum, this team coverage a wide range of stocks both in UK and Europe. Our leading research teams analyze markets worldwide with a goal to be our clients’ first call for investment ideas, longer-term thematic pieces and industry expertise. Our research analysts use a variety of methodologies and data sources including surveys, industry contacts and public documents, as well as benefiting from collaborations with fellow Jefferies analysts following other industries, geographies and asset classes.
You will join an experienced, established and successful equity research team. The research team works with/alongside broader US and Asian research teams.
- To take coverage of the 4 stocks in the ‘UK Contractors’ space. The role offers a lot of scope to develop own coverage over time, but this is flexible based on the level of experience of the successful applicant;
- Providing sector and stock coverage, maintaining up to date models and data collection
- Writing timely, actionable stock research on coverage universe; and
- Interfacing with both internal & external clients, includingassisting the broader team in meeting client marketing and corporate access requirements
- Supporting the senior analysts in the team to maintain/build out sector coverage, with specific responsibilities for selected team publications.
- A solid record of academic achievement, demonstrated success in current career path, and the drive and determination to excel are key;
- Previous experience as a research analyst but relevant sector experience is not a prerequisite
- Strong written and inter-personal skills are required, and the latter is necessary given that the role will involve direct interaction with institutional and corporate clients.
- Enthusiasm is paramount;
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Commitment to task and attention to detail
- Self-starter: must be organised and able to work independently