Equity Research Analyst (Associate) - (2000012L)
Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
You will work alongside a stable team of three analysts with an aggregate 35 years coverage of the pan- European Support Services sector, industry-leading coverage of 36 stocks, a top 10 Extel ranking with large-cap investors, and a top 5 Extel ranking with small/mid-cap clients.
The sector is highly diverse and includes global leaders in testing/inspection, recruitment, asset rental, distribution, outsourcing, security, and credit scoring.
Your role is to help maintain and develop stock coverage, assist with in-depth thematic project work and IPOs, and communicate the team’s ideas to an expanding client base.
- To support the team with fundamental analysis and publication of equity research on existing coverage and IPOs
- Accelerate and improve communication of the team’s ideas to an expanding client base, particularly amongst hedge fund investors
- The successful candidate will be fast tracked to client exposure and potentially to stock coverage
- Maintaining models, industry databases, and summary valuation data
- Assisting the broader team in meeting client marketing and corporate access requirements
- Covering for absent colleagues when news breaks on their stock coverage
- Consistent evidence of excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, and desire to offer the best client service
- Prior experience in capital markets is not a pre-requisite, but a strong interest is paramount.
- A solid record of academic achievement
- Competence with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential
- Competence in VBA, SQL and Python would be advantageous
- Persistent, organised, ambitious and highly motivated
- Able to summarise information and arguments swiftly and concisely in written form and verbally
- Persuasive with internal colleagues and external clients
- Knowledge of financial accounting and/or financial analysis is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of equity valuation is preferred but not essential as there will be on the job training
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Vintners Place 68 Upper Thames Street
London EC4V 3BJ
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Non-Management
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2020, 12:51:32 AM
Source : Jefferies