Teledyne e2v in Chelmsford is the largest commercial employer in the City employing over 800 people.
We generate world-leading technology critical for mankind, including vital components for radio-therapy machines, and the imaging devices used in ground-breaking space missions
In this role you will:
- This is a role for a double day shift position which attracts a premium of 25% on top of your salary.
- Carry out preventative and reactive maintenance to equipment within CCD operations. This is housed within three clean areas rated from class 10-1,000 and supplies silicon image sensors into specialised applications (space & science);
- Ideally equipment experance in silicone wafer processing (photo dry etch and wet etch)
- Provide day to day maintenance support to the production shifts resolving equipment or facilities issues that stop production;
- Prepare and carry out preventative maintenance schedules;
- Prepare and maintain health and safety paperwork for equipment and processes within the processing areas;
- Liaise with facilities and sub-contractors for any equipment or facilities issues within the clean areas.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience of equipment engineering within a semiconductor processing facility.
- Experience of controlled systems in some of the following areas (gas, chemical, robotics and vacuum)
- Multi-skilled ability to trouble-shoot electronics at component level, fault find vacuum systems and small robotic systems.
- Minimum HNC, Higher Btec.